• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Campground etiquette

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don't understand why the campgrounds around here have check out at 11 AM and check in not until 2 PM given that nothing is done in that time.
I can't speak for the campground that you're referencing, but at our park, we only have one way in, and one way out. So a good part of getting the rigs in/out safely, is making sure there is adequate time for the late leavers to get out before the early arrivers try to get in! We don't want a bottle neck at the gate. :)

Believe me, it can be quite problematic when a 45' King Aire pulling a 35' toy hauler meets someone coming in, especially if no one can back up!

Well I got one, but mainly for campground owners.

Banning wood is not an uncommon practice, and I get why they do it. Usually they limit it to wood obtained from outside a certain region, but sometimes they limit any outside wood whatsoever. Okay, I get it. You don't want your trees to get infected, I can respect the value of a tree.

BUT...if you're going to make my buy wood from the campground, two things. 1) Don't make the wood absurdly expensive and 2) maybe make sure your wood is actually dry and ready to be used? I was just at a campground which had this issue and it took me awhile to get their wood to burn, whereas the stuff I usually bring myself lights up in an instant.

Well I got one, but mainly for campground owners.

Banning wood is not an uncommon practice, and I get why they do it. Usually they limit it to wood obtained from outside a certain region, but sometimes they limit any outside wood whatsoever. Okay, I get it. You don't want your trees to get infected, I can respect the value of a tree.
I think I'm the only "campground owner" on the forum?

I don't know if the threat to their trees is valid or if they just want to sell you firewood. But I will toss out this shameless act of self promotion and say that here at Deer Springs RV Park, we don't care if you bring your own firewood or not. If you decide to purchase ours, it's dry and it's only $20.00 for all you can burn for the length of your stay. :)

And to help you feel good about your purchase, we donate the proceeds to the local school lunch program and the local humane society. Got to give back a little every now and then, right? :)

Let me ask a question since we are discussing camp fire and camp etiquette. Why is that every time I go to a park that has a strict rule that says no fires at the camp site that people disregard the rule and burn a fire. Typically they have a “community” fire pit. I don’t get it. Can’t tell you how many times I have had this experience but enough to make me swear not to patronize some chains.

Let me ask a question since we are discussing camp fire and camp etiquette. Why is that every time I go to a park that has a strict rule that says no fires at the camp site that people disregard the rule and burn a fire. Typically they have a “community” fire pit. I don’t get it. Can’t tell you how many times I have had this experience but enough to make me swear not to patronize some chains.
Do you mean like there's a fire ban when you go? If there's a permanent rule of no fires, where would people make a fire?

Do you mean like there's a fire ban when you go? If there's a permanent rule of no fires, where would people make a fire?
Yes. The park has a rule that says no fires at the camp site yet people bring portable fire pits and wood and burn away.

I can't stand the people who need to use an impact wrench to put their jacks down. Is grabbing the wrench and doing it by hand really such a hardship?
Yes it could be for an elderly camper or someone with physical restrictions

Even if it saved thirty seconds per Jack, it’s not worth it. It might take me thirty seconds per Jack right now, and I don’t have to haul a drill with me when we camp or travel. It’s just unnecessary weight and is something else to keep charged.

Then again, I also start campfires without using any sort of accelerant or paper. I do prefer non-mechanized things when possible.

And no, I’m not horrible with a drill, I’m just fast without it.
Now there is a good one to bring up, starting a fire with an accelerant. I have never seen the need for that at all. Also why when an individual does use an accelerant why do they have to put on an extreme amount? then it seems they have to keep feeding the fire with it. Sorry for the rant

I can understand why you cater to a more mature crowd, this could be viewed as a challenge to some, certainly myself in my younger years.
Yeah, my group isn't up late enough to need much of a fire. :)

Latest resources

Back