Campgrounds are getting expensive!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We live here so it’s an easy trip but expensive
It may be expensive but what the heck, you only life once right? I would gladly have payed the $300.00 + per night to visit the Keys but I couldn't even find a space. The Keys and the Everglades are on my bucket list so one day I shall have to bite the bullet. I did get to Florida but I could not find any space below Orlando. We still try to travel by the seat of our pants. We reserve only when we have to.

Enjoy your stay!

Darrell

Gotta be. Overpriced for sure but a really nice spot (as it should be!)
Going to the Harbor (hookup) spots in June. They've gone up to $90 something. Having grown up in the original trailer park (grandparents had the first one) in the 60's-70's I can bring myself to pay the "Flying Flag" rates... but Avila is a special spot for us (of course we only live 30 minutes away). Enjoy!

I am running into the lock fee everywhere I want to reserve an overnight in the Pacific Northwest. Feels a little bit like being held hostage because I look at the site on earth before I book to see if I can get into the spot. So if I forego the fee I could end up in spot that damages my paint or I won’t fit. Every park tells you sure you can fit. Not always.

Or the site is squeezed in an odd spot or a mud puddle in the rain. Been there, done that and left.

We leave Thursday, July 6th for a 6000 mile 90+ day journey. While planning I quickly realized prices had increased significantly since last year. The upside is fuel is almost half of what it was last year.
I may regret saying this but Jim's resort is probably one the most reasonably priced for the amenities we will be staying.

It gets worse not better. We changed our tentative plans to Montana and I was holding a two-night reservation with a deposit for late July. I wanted to cancel the reservation and they said they would not refund the deposit. Claimed it was disclosed during the online booking. I sure missed it so read the fine print, don't just click click and be done. You might regret it.

. So if I forego the fee I could end up in spot that damages my paint or I won’t fit. Every park tells you sure you can fit. Not always.
I always pay the lock in fee now. When they first started charging these ridiculous fees, I didn't lock in and yep, I got moved. 🫤

Latest resources

Back