• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Campgrounds are getting expensive!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm curious what the annual campground costs will be for a fulltimer (other than @GlampDaddy) in 2023. I imagine it's going to be north of $40K! Fulltimers please log your finances as I'm sure you are and report in with your end of year report :geek:
Wow

I'm curious what the annual campground costs will be for a fulltimer (other than @GlampDaddy) in 2023. I imagine it's going to be north of $40K! Fulltimers please log your finances as I'm sure you are and report in with your end of year report :geek:
Full-timers are all different!

I would stay in a park, not a resort! Many can be rented by the month for under 400 a month. I would not even spend that much if I had the need.

My annual cost for a place is 180 for a seasonal permit on the LTVA. the entire year is boondocking. If you must have lavish accommodations, the sky seems to be the limit.

Can you further elaborate ? I don't fully understand . Thanks
Say you reserve site A67. If you want to be guaranteed that site, some places charge you an extra $10. If you don’t pay the extra fee, they may rent it to someone who will and move you to another site.

Did the TA have hook ups ? I didn't know they charged ive used them at no cost . But it was just parking of course
No hookups. Many truck stops have free parking and “reserved parking”. This site in Vegas was ALL reserved, I was too tired to keep driving so we paid $20 to park with no hookups for the night.

I'm starting something new this year. When I check in I'll advise them it's $10/star for ratings on a review.

I'm starting something new this year. When I check in I'll advise them it's $10/star for ratings on a review.
Sounds good to me ☝

That's too cheap Neal, I've been paying $15. You can get more. . . :)

There are so many forms of full-timing.
We don’t full-time in the same way someone might “vacation”.
The most we have ever paid for a month of campgrounds, when in vacation mode, is $1200. Over the past couple years when in our normal full-time mode we range from $500 to $750 a month.
We do not usually use destination resorts, but use parks as Kevin mentioned above.
We utilize rest areas and truck stops for our travel days. Best rest area on this recent trip was Miller’s Rest Area in Nevada.

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Say you reserve site A67. If you want to be guaranteed that site, some places charge you an extra $10. If you don’t pay the extra fee, they may rent it to someone who will and move you to another site.
We just made our over night stops for our Alaska trip in June, and some of the campgrounds wanted that extra charge. I thought they were kidding.

We just made our over night stops for our Alaska trip in June, and some of the campgrounds wanted that extra charge. I thought they were kidding.
Well that's it for me I'LL never even ask or try to make an appointment .

Latest resources

Back