• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Campgrounds are getting expensive!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was playing around last night looking at close by places to Corsicana. Here is gem that I shouldn't publish because you can stay right on the water for very little money. And it's a nice lake to boot. Of course this is the Great State of Texas! But we do allow yanks as long as they go back home. LOL

I was playing around last night looking at close by places to Corsicana. Here is gem that I shouldn't publish because you can stay right on the water for very little money. And it's a nice lake to boot. Of course this is the Great State of Texas! But we do allow yanks as long as they go back home. LOL
Yah, don't think that's a joke!

Another lake right on the edge of Corsicana. Water front spaces.
5 minutes from restaurants.

NEAL, you should start a page for people to post things like this around their area.

Yah, don't think that's a joke!
Maybe in deep east Texas, but majority of Texas welcomes everyone. Some of my best friends are imports.

It's a rip off. An extra fee "on top of the reservation fee" that supposedly will assure you that you will get THE SITE YOU RESERVED. What's a Site Lock Fee and How Does It Help? - Pathfinder Camp Resorts If you don't buy it, the park will probably stick you in one of the poorer quality sites. I now by pass all RV Parks with this option.

Darrell
My wife mentioned a site she booked said you could lock in a specific site (choose number from site) for something like another $15, or if you didn't, you would get an equivalent site at checking --- or something like that.

For overnight stops we are at another Loves RV site for the night.

Last night we were at one with 40 sites, bunch pull through, etc. easy in and out along with filling up on the way.

Tonight’s stop only has 4 sites but full hookup. These are all back in but threaded the needle and got our Superstar in one if them.

With the senior or military discount they were about $40 for the night.

Much more convenient and easier than trying to get in and maneuver around a campground for just an overnight.

Based on these two we will continue to try and book these when looking for overnights.
These look really interesting. Both their RV spots at Loves, I think just water/Electric and all back in, and then the proper RV sites that they are starting to bring online. For people just looking for a quick in and out overnight, they seem to be reasonable sites with very reasonable prices. Hope they keep expanding them. Combine that with TSD just reaching a new deal with Loves to increase discounts to $.40-$1.50 per gallon, depending on the location, and I'll be looking for the Love's stops when I'm traveling through.

I'm curious what the annual campground costs will be for a fulltimer (other than @GlampDaddy) in 2023. I imagine it's going to be north of $40K! Fulltimers please log your finances as I'm sure you are and report in with your end of year report :geek:
Here are my numbers for the year 2022.

We stated the year in Vancouver, BC Canada. January 01. We headed south to California then over to Arizona and back to Vancouver. That leg lasted 91 nights. 26 of those nights were boondocking so no cost. 65 nights of pay usually with Power and Water and mostly with sewer. Total cost $1675. US Average cost per night about $18.00 night US

The next leg took us from Vancouver BC to the East Coast of Canada visiting all provinces (except Newfoundland). A total of 193 nights. 48 of those nights were boondocking at no cost. The remaining 145 cost about $5,400.00 which averages about $37.00 night Canadian. All sites were Power and Water and Most with Sewer. Total average per night inc boondocking is about $28.00 night.

From there we headed south entering the US at Calais Main weaving our way through the following Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and on December 31 2022 we were in Chewacla State Park Alabama. We were in the Eastern US for 81 nights.

None of those nights were boondocking. We spend about $4,950.00 US or about $60.00 per night. The most expensive was in New Jersey's Liberty Harbor RV Park at $135.00 per night plus tax for full HU. (The best place to stay visiting NYC). The least expensive was in Maryland's Cosca Regional Park at $13.00 night for 30 Amp Power and Water (a great place to use as a base visiting DC).

Our total outlay for RV Parks for the year was about $14,250.00 Canadian ($10,650. US) for 365 nights

You can view our choice of parks by visiting RV Life Campground reviews under user rollinollen or at Campendium also under rollinollen.

Don't ask my what we spent on food! I love to travel tasting the local delicacies! :)

Darrell

I don't know exactly what part of the country you want to be in ; but here in the sw....I belong to thousand trails/ Encore.I have basic pkg that gives you 21 days a month for $90/month.I pay by the month.on the week out of the system,find a weekly rv or boondock.

These look really interesting. Both their RV spots at Loves, I think just water/Electric and all back in, and then the proper RV sites that they are starting to bring online. For people just looking for a quick in and out overnight, they seem to be reasonable sites with very reasonable prices. Hope they keep expanding them. Combine that with TSD just reaching a new deal with Loves to increase discounts to $.40-$1.50 per gallon, depending on the location, and I'll be looking for the Love's stops when I'm traveling through.
Yeah the first one had pull through and back in. Second one was just back in.

They definitely renegotiated with Loves as the two we used in the way north got us just about $80 in savings.

In our current trip we noticed that Love’s is much cheaper out west, compared to mid-west. In the Midwest TA was always cheaper by 20 to 40 cents a gallon compared to Loves. But once we got to Oklahoma or Arizona it suddenly changed and Loves was usually cheaper. Just looked back at prices in the midwest and TA is still cheaper there.

personally I prefer Loves as they tend to be cleaner and have dog friendly areas. Is it not uncommon for a TA to not have a single blade of grass or even a clean gravel area for dogs.

Latest resources

Back