• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cellular struggles, a day in the life of mobile Internet

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
do I wait for Starlink or get the Pepwave…
I wouldn't personally consider Starlink and always available solution or on the same level as Cellular availability. I've had enough places I couldn't get SAT due to trees. I hope stolen Starlink antennas doesn't become a thing!

Dang, you're making me wait for the sequel - "did it work". I'm riveted to the channel, when will it air??
Sorry Neal. I've been extremely busy at work. I got the Peplink several weeks ago and just now had time to go get the sim cards. They're laying on my desk and the Peplink is still in the box. I'm going to try to get it hooked up this weekend if I can. :) (y)

EZ......
I'm interested in knowing if you were able to get the Peplink 5G device to work also. As I understand it, users on the Peplink forum are still asking when certification by AT&T & Verizon will happen.
Verizon announced yesterday they have upgraded their data plans with the top tier being $$80.00/mos for 150 GB.

I finally had the time to go buy the sim cards for the new Pepwave Max Transit 5G Cat 20 router that I recently bought from the 5G Store.

AT&T: "What's a Pepwave?"
Me: I want the 100G plan for $55/mo
AT&T: Can I have your drivers liscense please? After 20 minutes my text chimes and Life Lock is alerting me that someone is using my SS# to set up a new account and this guy can't even tell me if he has a 100G plan for $55/mo. But he has to check all his boxes and go through the procedure or he can't function so I stood patiently while he did his thing.
Me: Did you find it yet?
AT&T: Let me check with my Manager.
Manager: What's a Pepwave??
AT&T: This is a pre-paid account so if it doesn't work we can't give your money back. You need to buy the business plan for 40G at $85/mo.
Me: Just sell me the Sim card. I know it'll work. Neal said it would work. (After an hour I finally got what I came for.)

T-Mobile: Sure thing! I know what a Pepwave is.
Me: Great!
T-Mobile: Here's your Sim card. You can pay on-line or by downloading our app. Thank you for your business!
Me: Thanks! (15 minutes tops.)
EXACTLY MY POINT!!
T-Mobile’s customer service is awesome. And, despite what @Neal feels about their coverage, having customer service and no hassles is really important too.

For the record, I've been pleased with AT&T, never an issue. Nor with T-Mobile/Sprint. As TJ's says, YMMV.

For the record, I've been pleased with AT&T, never an issue. Nor with T-Mobile/Sprint. As TJ's says, YMMV.
And like I’ve said, being a “Pre-paid” Verizon customer is a short-cut to the Psych Ward!

Trying to do anything out of the box for those companies is asking for headaches.

Moral is, each service provider works better for different people, their travel needs, their location, etc. I can't pick the provider for you, only what works for me.

Latest resources

Back