Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I got the central vac option with my 2017 and it works well. It's powerful, no complaints on how well it works. The problem is the storage of the hoses/components, I guess. I kept them in a rubbermaid under the bed so it was just a little out of the way for quick pet hair cleanup etc. I later switched to a Dyson portable and that's much easier to grab and clean. I moved the satellite and other components in my bedroom AV compartment to be side wall mounted with velcro which opened up that compartment for other use, it stores the dyson and components. I guess I could probably do the same with the central vac hose and parts.

Did you get the Central Vac and do you use it?

If you use another vacuum option which one are you using and where are you storing it?

We have a central vac in the coach and use it. The sweep port is especially appreciated for quick clean-ups. We're also considering adding a portable for the reason you note; the central vac accessories are stored under the bed. A bit inconvenient, to be sure.

TJ

Won’t have my New Aire until February, but I did order the central vac...I have a central vac in my house, and it came with a hose & accessory holder that I mounted in a closet. Keeps everything neat and easy to find. I just googled “central vacuum accessory storage”. There are many different models, so I will wait to order mine until I can lay hands on it and see what will work best. I’ll probably put it in the closet on an available side wall...

Nice forum, BTW...;)

The kick panel is awesome. With tile floors, we can sweep a ton of sand, and dog hair...push it toward the kick panel, and whoosh...it's gone.

We actually use all four of the mentioned voting options...

I use mine all the time. Would like a hose extension or a longer hose to get to step area.

We have the central vac; it came with the CS. We also have a booth dinette. I know some hate that unit but we have come to really appreciate the storage under it. I store the hose and attachments under one side and the Swiffer and other cleaning stuff on the other side. There is still room for other stuff.

Overall, I do think the suction is good. We will need to bring a portable or one from home to clean the basement now that we want to sell it, however. That is the downside to the unit we have.

Some may not realize but there is a connection in the basement for your central vac so you can use it there as well. Not sure if all of them have it but I know I can connect mine there.

I accidently found the basement vacuum connections a few months ago. I use it to not only keep the basement floors clean but also to vacuum the toad floor.

We got the central vac but have found it easier to bring the Dyson we use in the S&B for routine cleaning.

I don't have the kick panel ... but I wouldn't have ordered the coach with it (altho they suggested I do so, for resale). But it came with it anyway (long story) so that's what I use. I store the hose under the bed (which isn't easy to lift with the mattress I have on there) ... not a lot of space in here, so while I think I'd prefer the Dyson cordless, I'm happy with the central. It's more powerful anyway.
I'm full-timing BTW.

Latest resources

Back