RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
I got the central vac option with my 2017 and it works well. It's powerful, no complaints on how well it works. The problem is the storage of the hoses/components, I guess. I kept them in a rubbermaid under the bed so it was just a little out of the way for quick pet hair cleanup etc. I later switched to a Dyson portable and that's much easier to grab and clean. I moved the satellite and other components in my bedroom AV compartment to be side wall mounted with velcro which opened up that compartment for other use, it stores the dyson and components. I guess I could probably do the same with the central vac hose and parts.

Did you get the Central Vac and do you use it?

If you use another vacuum option which one are you using and where are you storing it?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
We have a central vac in the coach and use it. The sweep port is especially appreciated for quick clean-ups. We're also considering adding a portable for the reason you note; the central vac accessories are stored under the bed. A bit inconvenient, to be sure.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Won’t have my New Aire until February, but I did order the central vac...I have a central vac in my house, and it came with a hose & accessory holder that I mounted in a closet. Keeps everything neat and easy to find. I just googled “central vacuum accessory storage”. There are many different models, so I will wait to order mine until I can lay hands on it and see what will work best. I’ll probably put it in the closet on an available side wall...

Nice forum, BTW...;)

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep JKU
The kick panel is awesome. With tile floors, we can sweep a ton of sand, and dog hair...push it toward the kick panel, and whoosh...it's gone.

We actually use all four of the mentioned voting options...

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
I use mine all the time. Would like a hose extension or a longer hose to get to step area.

Reactions: ARD
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
We have the central vac; it came with the CS. We also have a booth dinette. I know some hate that unit but we have come to really appreciate the storage under it. I store the hose and attachments under one side and the Swiffer and other cleaning stuff on the other side. There is still room for other stuff.

Overall, I do think the suction is good. We will need to bring a portable or one from home to clean the basement now that we want to sell it, however. That is the downside to the unit we have.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Some may not realize but there is a connection in the basement for your central vac so you can use it there as well. Not sure if all of them have it but I know I can connect mine there.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 GMC Canyon or 2005 Jeep Wrangler
I accidently found the basement vacuum connections a few months ago. I use it to not only keep the basement floors clean but also to vacuum the toad floor.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Subaru Crosstrek
We got the central vac but have found it easier to bring the Dyson we use in the S&B for routine cleaning.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler 2D Sport
I don't have the kick panel ... but I wouldn't have ordered the coach with it (altho they suggested I do so, for resale). But it came with it anyway (long story) so that's what I use. I store the hose under the bed (which isn't easy to lift with the mattress I have on there) ... not a lot of space in here, so while I think I'd prefer the Dyson cordless, I'm happy with the central. It's more powerful anyway.
I'm full-timing BTW.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4081
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
We have had central vac in last two coaches and we have it on order for our new DS. We seldom use it. The long hose makes it too much of a hassle.

We use a handheld Dyson.

The central vac is handy for cleaning the basement.

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
Actually I don’t use the central vac much, DW does a lot. I use it to vac the storage area and leaf blower outside occasionally.

Where ever we park - Myrtle Beach Currently
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
Have it, but since Neil mentioning hand held Dyson, no longer use it.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
24' Enclosed (Mini & Harley)
We use the OEM central vac. We also haul a wet vac, leaf blower, and a broom. Of course transitioning from a 24' enclosed trailer toad to a tandem tow dolly will probably prevent us from hauling the wet vac and broom in the future.

I had no idea there was a basement hook up for the central vac. Is it on the housing where you change the bag?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
We use the OEM central vac. We also haul a wet vac, leaf blower, and a broom. Of course transitioning from a 24' enclosed trailer toad to a tandem tow dolly will probably prevent us from hauling the wet vac and broom in the future.

I had no idea there was a basement hook up for the central vac. Is it on the housing where you change the bag?
Yes, located as you stated.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
CanyonStar
RV Length
39' 11"
TOW/TOAD
Demco KarKaddy 460SS and VW Passat
Yes we use the OEM Central vac and also carry a wet/dry vac for the garage bays.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
24' Enclosed (Mini & Harley)
Yes, located as you stated.
Thank you sir. Now I can toss my wet vac in our Florida storage facility knowing I won't need it.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Had central vac in past unit, it was only OK, if we wanted clean carpets we borrowed neighbors Dyson. So we did not order the CV in this one, and use the dyson stickV10. We love it, we swap it between home and MH. Purchased a separate charger, so have the permanent mount at home and we keep the stick by the passenger seat when parked, and on the bed when traveling. A piece of non-skid under the beater bar keeps it from sliding on the tile floor when parked. We don't have pets, so it only our dirt we clean up. It is superior to any other vacuum we have, except the upright Dyson we have at home. We mostly have hard wood floors, so the stick just does it all. The V-11 is on sale at Costco now, and it comes with a flexible hose attachment which would be nice for those high tight places. We have central vacuum at home, keeping the hose from scratching up the woodwork (trim at floor level), and sometimes the little contacts get corroded and it won't start. A pencil erasure cleans those up and then it works. The dyson is my go to unit for cleaning up the floor.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Rubicon Eco Diesel
I really dislike dragging the hose around for the built in unit. We have a Dyson V8 at home and a V6 in the coach.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I really dislike dragging the hose around for the built in unit. We have a Dyson V8 at home and a V6 in the coach.
Doesn’t bother me at all. Plug in the hose and off you go.