• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Changing out propane regulator questions

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I bought the regulator today. I'll install it when I get my courage up sometime within the next week, month or year !
Right now if that is my problem it is only letting me use a half a tank before I have to switch to the other tank.
I have always used the tape and half the time I screw up, so this time I'll use the thread dope.
Thanks to all
When it is done I'll report back
Jack L

Reporting back on the propane regulator replacement.
All went well, thanks to my wife who acted as a vice holding the regulator while I uncrewed the connections.
I used the thread dope which from now on I'll use on brass, iron and other metal connections.
I checked all the connections with soapy water for leaks. Thankfully there were none.
Murphys law came into play when none of the mounting holes in the regulator matched up with the holes in the mounting bracket, but I worked that out.

Question: Is the plastic cover necessary for the regulator if the trailer will never be hauled on the roads ? My trailer is on our permanent snow bird site
I do have the large cover that goes over the tanks

Thanks again for all your comments and advice

Jack L

Mostly protects the hoses. And looks good.

No, the cover over the regulator isn't needed, but it does help keep it out of the weather. Since you have the big cover you should be OK then! Congrats on a successful repair!

Latest resources

Back