• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Changing out the mattress in used motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We purchased a queen sized memory foam mattress. It ships rolled up and vacuum packed. Just lay it on the bed, cut the packaging off, and it will decompress to normal size.

We will do the same with a king size.
We slept on a memory foam ones at my in-laws house and didn’t like it ....it was a couple of decades ago. I recall it being a bit too hot, and not comfortable for some reason.

Believe me Latex is the best I ever slept on. Check sleeponlatex.com for more info.

We have a Temper-pedic at the house. This is our second one. It is so much cooler than our old one.

Have you considered a Sleep Number bed? Deflated, they are maneuverable and they are light in weight, relatively.

Have you considered a Sleep Number bed? Deflated, they are maneuverable and they are light in weight, relatively.
We see those advertised in motorhomes a lot. Apparently they’re basically an air mattress. Not sure about that one

We have a Temper-pedic at the house. This is our second one. It is so much cooler than our old one.
I’m not sure where the Tempur-pedic is but I’ll check into it

#The last motorhome we owned, we changed out the mattress with a new queen. But it was a real struggle, and it just barely fit through the door. I’d actually like a king size mattress in our next motorhome, but we’re wondering, how do you change out the mattress? I just can’t see us sleeping on a used mattress.
What do you do with the old mattress in the motorhome?

We see those advertised in motorhomes a lot. Apparently they’re basically an air mattress. Not sure about that one

A great many people swear by them, but we tossed ours in favor of the memory foam. Mattresses are such personal choices.

Getting back to something you said earlier, I have not noticed a heat issue with ours. I do recall that being an issue at one time, but I think they overcame that.

The only problem we have discovered with memory foam is sometimes it develops dementia. We are on number two in our master bedroom at home. The first one became a little too familiar with our forms after about 6-7 years.

I’ll tell my husband. I believe he and my son wrestled those queen mattresses, and he’s not looking forward to doing it again, especially a king. Will check out the college kids. It’ll be totally worth it. I’m not sure about the latex. What would be the advantage of that over a regular mattress? Especially if it’s so heavy
Latex isn’t so much heavy I guess as it is difficult to maneuver once it’s been
What do you do with the old mattress in the motorhome?
we donated ours to a charity. They said unused mattresses were so hard to come by, they’d have their carpenter adjust one of their bed frames to make it fit.

Latest resources

Back