• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Chevy Colorado as a TOAD

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This is the newest thread that I could find so thought I may have luck posting my question here.

Finally got all the wiring done to use my 2016 Colorado as a toad. Got it hooked up today and am about to leave for the first time. I followed the owner's manual and the last step says to turn your key to the accessory position. I have the brake buddy system with the charge line from the motorhome. When I hooked up my motorhome to the Colorado all my lights and radio operate as normal even though my negative battery is disconnected. Will the light eventually time out? I can power off my radio but the time and temperature still display. Is this a normal situation?

This is the newest thread that I could find so thought I may have luck posting my question here.

Finally got all the wiring done to use my 2016 Colorado as a toad. Got it hooked up today and am about to leave for the first time. I followed the owner's manual and the last step says to turn your key to the accessory position. I have the brake buddy system with the charge line from the motorhome. When I hooked up my motorhome to the Colorado all my lights and radio operate as normal even though my negative battery is disconnected. Will the light eventually time out? I can power off my radio but the time and temperature still display. Is this a normal situation?
Sounds like you have something wired incorrectly. The truck electronics should be completely isolated from the battery and charge line. Only your brake buddy should be powered.

Sounds like you have something wired incorrectly. The truck electronics should be completely isolated from the battery and charge line. Only your brake buddy should be powered
I have the brake buddy system but was reading about the RVI battery charger. RVI recommends that if your vehicle manufacturer recommends disconnecting one battery terminal you should disconnect both. Could this be the same for brake buddy?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back