Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Curious 🧐 we are at a site that is very un-level. Down in the front and towards the right side. Nothing drastic but it is the best we could do with this site. Our city water pressure at the Spicket shows 46 psi. At the spicket is the regulator then the filter then the hose to the RV. Filters are only a couple of weeks old (full timers)

When we turn on the water pressure is great. But, as it runs it quickly slows down to a trickle. Could this be because of not level? We move to another park tomorrow but wondering for future reference.

If you have a water pump turn that on and that should control the pressure within your RV.

Didn’t realize I could use the pump with city water. I will try this.

Depending on your RV, you may need some water in the fresh water tank in order to use the water pump.
In our experience, both of our water pressure regulators will reduce flow after an initial normal volume. Especially when the pressure and flow is low before the regulator (like the 46 psi stated).

Didn’t realize I could use the pump with city water. I will try this.
I can only speak for my coach but I can leave the water pump ON at all times. If city water has sufficient pressure the water pump will not come on. If the water pump sees the demand such as someone opening a faucet in the coach and there is not sufficient pressure from city water then the water pump comes on to meet the demand.

Curious 🧐 we are at a site that is very un-level. Down in the front and towards the right side. Nothing drastic but it is the best we could do with this site. Our city water pressure at the Spicket shows 46 psi. At the spicket is the regulator then the filter then the hose to the RV. Filters are only a couple of weeks old (full timers)

When we turn on the water pressure is great. But, as it runs it quickly slows down to a trickle. Could this be because of not level? We move to another park tomorrow but wondering for future reference.
I can't see where the unit being "unlevel" should be a cause of lower water pressure. If, as other's have suggested, your pressure is fine when running your pump, then you know the problem is with the city water supply as I and others suspect.

Safe travels

Darrell

FYI regulators restrict flow. Why when you know the grid pressure is low are you using your regulator??? I guess it is because it is there?

I use the pressure regulator for protection in case of local surge of some kind. I have it regulated to insure it doesn’t exceed 48 psi. Lower than the RV piping max but still enough pressure to wash and clean dishes and showering.

I can only speak for my coach but I can leave the water pump ON at all times. If city water has sufficient pressure the water pump will not come on. If the water pump sees the demand such as someone opening a faucet in the coach and there is not sufficient pressure from city water then the water pump comes on to meet the demand.
@Neal, you must leave the auto fill on at all times in your coach making sure there is always water in the tank. The pump only feeds from the tank IIR. If no water in the tank the pump won’t add any pressure to the city water, correct?

The pump feeds what's in the fresh tank to the coach. I'm assuming the fresh tank has water in it and above the pickup point. In our Newmar's there is some junction point where the pump can determine the incoming water pressure from the city water line and if the pressure is above a certain point the pump won't come on. Autofill is not part of this equation.

Latest resources

Back