• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coffee in the coach

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
we use the Keurig for travel days, I use a old percolator for when i am in camp for a few days and will need larger volume of caffeine intake.

I use a stainless steel Melita pot with the brown plastic coffee cone. I heat my water with a kettle on the stove, but I've heard many say they use an electric kettle to heat their water. It is pretty convenient, just not as convenient as a Kuerig. You swish some hot water around in the pot (to get it nice and warm) and dump it out, then put the cone on. Put a paper filter in and scoop your coffee in. Pour your hot water very slowly over the coffee (just up to the top of the coffee) to moisten the grounds. Once the water has filtered into the pot you can pour your hot water up to the top of the cone as many times as needed for the amount of coffee used. Then ENJOY :)

Kurig. I am retired Navy so there is a caffeine port installed in my arm.
Yeah, and if it is too thick to drink {which rarely occurs} then use it to patch potholes.

While we only have a travel trailer, we do use a nice stainless steel 12 cup percolator. We grind our own beans, load the basket, add water to the pot, and on the stove it goes to perk. The aroma is marvelous and the coffee even better.
I would love to do that but although I'm a faithful coffee drinker I only do one to 2 cups daily. Keurig is passable.

Coffee is always purchased when we stop for fuel. Kinda like peas and carrots.

Today I had my first cup of "pour over coffee" and I am impressed. Haven't had that flavor before...delicious! I also used my new grinder recommended by someone else here, can't remember who. Worked well also. And now I understand why there is cork on the pour over coffee carafe. ♨️

pocoffee.png grinder.png

@Neal , the first thing I am going to tell you is to dump that mesh filter or keep it when you run out of paper filters. Now you need to buy the proper filters for the Chemex and that is Chemex filters. It is very important to wet the filter prior to putting the ground coffee in it. You should be using a scale and measuring grams of water and grinds so I put 20 grams of beans ground in the filter and then the first pour is 50 grams to release the gases. Wait 30 seconds, pour 150 grams of water usually about 30 to 45 seconds depending on the grind, and then last pour to 300 grams of water. Toss the paper filter and enjoy the finest cup of coffee you will ever drink.

I really enjoy spending your money....

Ok. If I ever get close to oneof you, I willpurchasea cup of yourfancy coffee and compare itto my Keurig, which I enjoy daily.😎

Now when it comes to Chinese, Indian, Jamaican or Thai food, be sure to follow me.😂

Latest resources

Back