• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coffee in the coach

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have an electric kettle which we use nonstop for coffee and tea.

For the daily cup I just use Starbucks Via Instant packets. I’m usually not a fan of instant coffee but I really can’t tell the difference between a blonde roast I’ll order at Starbucks and what I get out of these packets. It’s easy, quick, clean and a 90% solution for me.

If I need to make a large pot, we have a grinder and a large coffee steeper which is similar to a French press but I find that you get less grounds in your brew, which is something I prefer. I’ll pick up beans when I need them so that they are freshly roasted.

We also have an induction mocha pot and milk frother squirreled away somewhere for expresso and lattes. Those are a nice luxury from time to time.

We have a single cup brewer that will use the "Keurig" type cups, & has a basket to put your own grinds in, Either way, just add water, & a wonderful cup of coffee in about a minute! I love it, because we can experiment with different coffee blends and strengths!
Everyone has their own preference, but the main thing is..."it makes COFFEE"!(y):love:

Being a bit of a snob coffee drinker we have a simple method for preparing the morning brew. Fresh ground beans, simple drip carafe pictured below and an inexpensive frother. Makes a wonderful beverage to start your day. Cleanup is quick and the grinder and frother are no larger than a can of beans each.
IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4206.jpg

I have a small Keurig in the coach...if I want something more elaborate, I go to a coffee shop...

I have a small Keurig in the coach...if I want something more elaborate, I go to a coffee shop...

We have both a regular coffee maker and a single cup Keurig right now. When our ground coffee runs out in a few days we are dumping the coffee maker and just keeping the Keurig. Going through some downsizing.

A fine espresso it makes indeed!
Wish you could've tried the Ehiopian Sidamo and Sumatran coffees I picked up while in Asheville. Just East of town in Black Mountain, NC...Dynamite Roasting does a dynamite job of making some killer coffees. Sad that it's gone. Might have to do another road trip soon.

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and Sumatran Mandheling are two of my absolute favorites. Great body and flavor. Both are hard to find in my area.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back