• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coffee in the coach

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal, if you are looking for higher caffeine levels, you need to look for beans from the Robustica family. Arabica beans are lower caffeine, not higher than Robusta. Robusta has nearly twice the caffeine. The flavor of Robusta beans will not be as full-bodied as the Arabica, however.

We don't need the high caffeine (in fact, we prefer lower caffeine), so we go with the Arabicas.

TJ

The darker the bean,the less caffeine it has!

I knew it would spur dissent! :coffee:

I stand corrected and caffeinated with my lighter roast robusta/arabica blend!

Now that we have the tools and beans. How are you all weighing out your beans, i.e. how much are you using? I have a scoop that supposedly is 7 grams. I'm using four scoops for my 30'ish ounce french press.

Our machine grinds beans and brews each cup to order/taste. We can program the number of ounces and strength of brew for coffee or espresso. That makes life easy.

TJ

Note to self: When experimenting with coffee beans and using @TJ&LadyDi great coffee bean storage cans tape the label to the outside. I have one I love (lighter bean) and the darker one less so, of my recent Arabica purchase. Really liking these beans

I'm so glad I found this thread as I was searching for a new coffee pot on Amazon today!

Latest resources

Back