• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coronavirus outbreak declared global emergency

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We are pretty well prepared but decided to run to Walmart for the things they sell for less than the local Ingles. Store itself wasn't busy, but the isles had pretty much been picked through. We picked up a couple bottles of wine and some paper plates. (Two mainstays at our house) The paper plates are in the same isle where the TP is, and there was absolutely -0- TP anywhere to be found. No paper towels either. The WM employee that was working in that area told me the TP had been sold out for days.

On the way out, I always walk through the RV section to see if there is something there that I can't live without and guess what I found? Yep, 2 8-pack of TP. :) We took one and left one.

Guess it's all in knowing where to look.

On the way out, I always walk through the RV section to see if there is something there that I can't live without and guess what I found? Yep, 2 8-pack of TP. :) We took one and left one.
Well done, @Jim! If we all just take what we really need and leave some for other folks, we'll get through this just fine.

What bothers me is the price gouging that is happening on Amazon. I looked online for some antacids rather than going into town to the local drug store. The best price I found on Amazon for the particular brand I was interested in was $9.95 for a bottle of 72 tablets. They sell in the local drug store for (or, at least, sold prior to the coronavirus) less than $4 for a similar bottle.

I am rethinking my use of Amazon!

TJ

Things are happening fast today. We just got notice that non-customer facing locations are closing today and everyone should work from home for the next two weeks.

Well, this sucks. Today Macon County got our first confirmed case of Coronavirus. Not in our town, but in Highlands NC, which is about 30 miles from here.

We are now hearing a shelter in place will be issued for several SF Bay Area counties until April 7th or earlier if possible.

I see a lot of price gouging on eBay also.

These are truly strange times we are living in.

COVID-19 fears (and the governor) have shut down all our bars, restaurants, cinema, and anywhere that people go to congregate. Even the courts are locked down. Our area was already having a job problem and now even the people with jobs won’t be able to go to work. I’m sure many local businesses are going to have difficulty surviving this.

I own a bunch of residential rentals and it's not going to be long before many of my tenants won't be able to pay their rent. Very few of them will ever be able to get caught up so it's going to be a loss on our end. Maybe some tax benefits? Who knows.

Wondering how this gift from China is going to affect the rest of you?

Latest resources

Back