• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coronavirus outbreak declared global emergency

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Washington's governor has ordered the cancellation of large events (more than 1,000 people) in the Greater Seattle area and our county (Whatcom) is recommending the cancellation of public events with 10 or more people. Schools are beginning to close too. We are in for a bumpy ride, I suspect.

TJ

We just CXLed the FMCA rally not so much the fear of us getting sick but the possibility of someone at the Rally getting sick and be locked down at the fairgrounds for 14 days and not being able to leave. We are in that target age group and do have a minor case of COPD so better safe than sorry.

We just CXLed the FMCA rally not so much the fear of us getting sick but the possibility of someone at the Rally getting sick and be locked down at the fairgrounds for 14 days and not being able to leave. We are in that target age group and do have a minor case of COPD so better safe than sorry.
Wise decision, @Gizmo. We are in a similar position, age-wise, and LadyDi is currently being treated for a pulmonary issue, so she falls into the high-risk category.

We are not "hunkered down," but we are avoiding being in crowded places and are following the recommended sanitizing protocols.

We will all get through this if we simply follow good crowd-avoidance and sanitizing practices. This is not a time for panic; just wise decisions and good practices.

TJ

Wise decision, @Gizmo. We are in a similar position, age-wise, and LadyDi is currently being treated for a pulmonary issue, so she falls into the high-risk category.

We are not "hunkered down," but we are avoiding being in crowded places and are following the recommended sanitizing protocols.

We will all get through this if we simply follow good crowd-avoidance and sanitizing practices. This is not a time for panic; just wise decisions and good practices.

TJ

We didn't CXL the entire trip of 40 days just the part attending the FMCA rally.

Last edited:
1584056447650.png

Oh come on, you know it's funny... :)

For me, the largest revolution to come from the Corona virus mess, is that for the last 30 years, our government hasn't considered it a problem that 85% of our needs are being provided by a communist country. All that brain power and nobody considered that China could essentially defeat America by simply not providing us with the basics that keep us alive?

I know we're not at war with China (yet), but we're certainly not allies with each other either. Imagine fighting the WW2 and depending on Germany to provide us with drugs, medicines, computer parts, food, etc., etc..

This tidbit of knowledge scares me far more than a virus that can be defeated by washing our hands and applying a bit of common sense to the way we conduct our everyday lives.

Is that you, @Jim, sitting in a race car? There's nothing like going into a turn at 150 MPH to clear a fella's perspective, right!

TJ

Is that you, @Jim, sitting in a race car? There's nothing like going into a turn at 150 MPH to clear a fella's perspective, right!

TJ
lol, one of several. :) But when I retired, so did the race cars. My business was my sponsor, so no business, no racing. But it was a blast for about 13 years.

Last edited:
This whole thing is like 9/11 in a different way. I’m waiting to hear from some of my airline pilot buddies if they’ll have a job in a few weeks. This is like bio warfare and it shows our preparedness. Regardless we’re all going to learn some very important lessons from this. As with anything bad good can come from it. I think we will learn valuable lessons from this.

This is like bio warfare and it shows our preparedness.
Or, lack of it! :oops:

I believe you are correct, @Neal, in saying that "we are all going to learn some very important lessons" from this experience. That's almost always the case. The bigger question, however, is whether we, as a nation, will apply what we've learned or simply fall back into our old ways. Politicians of all stripes seem to have very short memories. :rolleyes:

I learned about "preparedness" as a Boy Scout, practiced what I had learned as a wildlands firefighter for a couple years, polished it a bit more in the military, saw it in action as an on-call disaster response employee for FEMA and have further refined it in my personal life over the years. Practice may or may not make perfect, but it sure helps.

I think LadyDi and I are in a pretty good position to weather this current emergency, but I'm still learning how to do it better.

TJ

Latest resources

Back