• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coronavirus outbreak declared global emergency

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Tomorrow (3/9) might be a tough day. Tonight futures trading was halted after the Dow futures dropped 1000 pts. Oil prices are in turmoil too. We will get through It as we always do but this virus is really creating havoc all over the world. Tomorrow they are bring that cruise ship into Oakland which is less than 20 miles from my house. They are isolating all passengers (and crew) which will be the largest isolation facility in the country between California and Georgia. Scary times.

Last edited:
It's getting nuts, even over here in the little town of Franklin NC. The stores are packed, they're running out of T-paper and bottled water. I sure hope someone's paying attention.

Just yesterday, we found out from the news, that a worker in my company not in the same building (but next door) was infected. Only those that had prolonged contact were asked to self quarantine. A little disappointed we had to find out from the news.

My Sister-N-Law is in the travel industry. The company she works for books travel accommodations for large companies whose employees frequently travel abroad. Lately, they've been bombarded with cancellations, and the company is starting to feel monetary discomfort around the edges.

So, with the workload increased due to cancellation related issues, (refunds, etc.) the company isn't bringing in any profit, and they're asking employees to take voluntary, unpaid, vacation time. The word going around is that if they can't find the necessary savings voluntarily, layoffs will be in order.

It's definitely a trickle-down problem.

Last edited:
We just found out on the local news last night that there are confirmed cases from the recent Daytona Bike Week which just ended. Several people from our park were attendees. With approximately 500,000 people in the Daytona area for this event this could possibly kick off hundreds of new cases in and out of Florida in the coming days. The first confirmed case from the event was a male from New York that flew in for the event.

The park here has some upcoming large gatherings. I would hope they would be cancelling them. I know we won't be attending.

for those who like data and charts...this is a pretty interesting read.

The Rally we were going to starting April 1st has been cancelled...we were already debating whether or not to go. They’ve refunded our money.

Latest resources

Back