• Commercial/Vendors welcome

COVID-19 (cornavirus) It's affect on our lifestyle

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
All you so called educated (tool in the box) people don't get it. When our mobility got to the point of being anyplace to anyplace else in less than 12 hours, any disease/virus outbreaking anywhere is coming across this globe and causing havoc everywhere. Statics are all over the place, so I assume a 4-10% death rate, lower in some places, higher in other places. Social Distancing is another nice political correct phrase for "QUARENTINE IN PLACE". Medicines-80-90% of them are ALL MADE IN CHINA - today they threatened to cut off our supply. Insulin, 100% of it is made in China, we closed the last insulin fermentation factory in 1997 (NYC State). We humans continually forget history, and make the same mistakes over and over again. If we realize a 10% mortality, with no vaccine, it could mean 10,000,000 million die. That is on scale of Spanish Flue in 1918-1923, and it got to the USA on troop transports coming home-mobility. I suggest if you have not, get extra prescriptions and insulin or you can take your chances. Thank god my health is excellent and I don't need any drugs to live. Per capita, Italy has more beds/doctors, they are getting ravaged by this, now the experts may speak. So all you who know everything may now express yourself, because I sure as heck do not.

I think we all need to step back for a moment and take a deep breath. Many of us in the RV community fall into the higher-risk category, so taking reasonable precautions is prudent. In my mind, that doesn't mean living in fear, however. As RVers, we have compact living accommodations that are pretty easy to keep clean and, they can be relocated whenever needed. I think this actually gives us something of an advantage, especially over those living in crowded cities.

If we practice reasonable sanitary procedures and limit our exposure to large groups of people in crowded areas, I'm confident that we will be OK. Yes, we will be inconvenienced to some extent, but that shouldn't be that much of an issue.

TJ

Last edited:
I think we all need to step back for a moment and take a deep breath. Many of us in the RV community fall into the higher-risk category, so taking reasonable precautions is prudent. In my mind, that doesn't mean living in fear, however. As RVer, we have compact living accommodations that are pretty easy to keep clean and, they can be relocated whenever needed. I think this actually gives us something of an advantage, especially over those living in crowded cities.

If we practice reasonable sanitary procedures and limit our exposure to large groups of people in crowded areas, I'm confident that we will be OK. Yes, we will be inconvenienced to some extent, but that shouldn't be that much of an issue.

TJ
Amen!!

Latest resources

Back