• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Customer service - the art of survival.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
There is a sequence that plays out each time I email Brett Davis to let him know how disappointing this whole ordeal has been.

It starts with a flurry of email activity, and someone gets everything moving in what looks like a encouraging direction. Then things slow down and in most cases, stops completely. Five to six weeks goes by and I reinitialize contact, and the process starts over. Repeat, repeat.

This whole affair would have been so easy to remedy, and NIRVC would have put themselves in a position of favor. Unfortunately, no matter how they handle this going forward, they will never be able to put themselves in a favorable light.
”deny, deflect, and delay…”

this is very sad and disappointing. I was thinking of trying NIRVC service. sounds like 16 hours to Newmar is the wiser option. I had hoped that Brett was going to really make a difference.

I’m sure my experience isn’t the norm; it couldn’t be, or the company would not still be in business. I just wish they had given my coach the attention that was expected when I made the trip to their shop.

But I’ll move on and put this behind me. It would be a huge display of company integrity if NIRVC decided to step up. But if not, well I'm sure I'll survive.

I’m sure my experience isn’t the norm; it couldn’t be, or the company would not still be in business. I just wish they had given my coach the attention that was expected when I made the trip to their shop.

But I’ll move on and put this behind me. It would be a huge display of company integrity if NIRVC decided to step up. But if not, well I'm sure I'll survive.
I agree but its also good to know about this so anyone going there knows they have to specify everything that matters to them about care and storage of the coach, specific time frame for repairs, and not just the work to be done. And I guess you also have to get it all in writing (not just an estimate) and tell them you will hold them to the agreement.

My $0.02...

It is unfortunate that most any dealership may deliver lesser quality service than expected. Over the last 40 or so years I have dealt with dealerships of all types of equipment nationwide on a business level.
I can count on one hand how many I'd trust with a very expensive piece of equipment for an extended period.
Even then, the quality of service changes from season to season based on staff, management, and demand.

This is why we try to always plan an annual trip back to the MotherShip to deal with service items. Even then, we have had to return to Newmar for them to correct their errors.
We have a list of who can work on our coach, and who is not allowed to be on the service ticket. At today's service rates I feel this is reasonable from experience. This was acceptable at Newmar, and they did ask which team and who we wanted to do the FPU prep this year on the 2024.

We have learned over time that You have to be able to closely manage any service being done to your vehicle. Many service people dislike this but if that type of oversight is unacceptable, I move on.

It is another scenario of incompetence both with the initial repair request and subsequent attempt in giving false hope it will be rectified.
I have never had any dealings with NIRVC and certainly would think long and hard prior to utilizing their services.
Being full-time I stay on site and oversee that service stays on track which has been very successful. Unfortunately not all owners have that ability.

It is one of the main reasons I bought a Newmar. Th response to almost every issue with my previously, supposedly high rated dealer, was can you leave it with us. No I can’t. I am solo with no toad.

Almost certain roof leaks stayed outside, since they had limited space. I found a good shop, mostly repairs who took me right in, found the leak in 5 minute and repaired it. Unfortunately, the owner retired during COVID.

About 17 years ago, I found a stellar car dealership. My truck has basically been nowhere else since. Multiply me times a thousand customers. That is a hefty booth line.

Latest resources

Back