Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Pepwave did a great thing by finally going to the same sized SIM cards that phones and tablets use (nano). Cellular providers are doing a great thing by offering a sim card that you can break away to the size needed. But what if you have an older sim, circa 2017 such as my AT&T Mobley sim which is the Micro size and now I have a new Pepwave that only takes Nano size? @redbaron to the rescue - he suggests using a SIM cutter as you can cut down SIM's.

66095162764__ACFA992F-1998-4DEC-A6AD-658D566D81B5.png

As the AT&T Mobley plan is extinct and at $23/mo for true unlimited on my fav network, no way in &^E* do I want to jeopardize my Mobley plan. No worries, I'll just keep my older Pepwave CAT 18 which does great for the Mobley. Right up until all of us that just got the new BR1 Pro 5G see how amazing this unit is and that it also includes WiFi 6 which is highly desired, by me for its improvements. So now it's time to do what I dreaded - cut my Mobley sim.

IMG_3549.png

There are a few cutting tools on amazon so I chose this one. I calmed down over a few weeks and realized yeah, it's just cutting plastic no big deal. Right up until I went to do it and realized by putting a nano sim (2) I have next to my Mobley sim I realized I'm going to be cutting through the metal. Bat phone message to the @redbaron who said yeah yeah, no big deal, you can cut it. Then after a few more texts and a few hits on my brown paper bag to control breathing I cut my Mobley sim. It worked, it is working fine, thank G!

There are 3 slots in the sim cutter and you drop the sim in per the orientation and per the one that is the right fit for your sim. I was also careful to hold it vertical to avoid it falling off to a side as it was a slightly loose fit. Checking the orientation 900 times, I finally pulled the trigger. It's done, victory, never again! If you have to use a nano sim in a larger sim slot then just get a SIM adapter, I prefer this one.

66095192461__C2F24C82-2830-4E0D-900F-9DD181B9884F.png

Latest resources

Back