RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
We made it to St Augustine with no problems. Than the proverbial stuff hit the fan.
* Sometime during the trip, the big beveled glass mirror in the bedroom came off the wall and broke one corner. The bright installers at Newmar attached it with1/2” Sticky tape to the wallpaper, small plastic clips and #6 screws in few places. The mirror is 3 feet x 6.5 feet thick beveled glass. You need 2 guys to move it around. Got to think of a better way to mount it.
* DW started noticing small black, rice grain droppings around the coach. Everywhere in the kitchen, our bed, counters etc. looks like mouse?
She ain’t happy😖. Now she is scouring the internet for mouse traps.

* DW started noticing small black, rice grain droppings around the coach. Everywhere in the kitchen, our bed, counters etc. looks like mouse?
Ugh, most likely a guest with a tail but don't your favorite Florida critters (cockroaches) also leave droppings like that? Glue traps always worked best for me with peanut butter in them but watch your little white varment. :)

That's scary with the mirror! For sure not a good way to attach it! Oh boy.....
I like using the old style Victor traps (not with the yellow plastic paddles). Tie cotton string to the copper paddle and the peanut butter will soak into the string. Works well.

Mice are easy to catch, rats not so much. We had an Indiana mouse in our coach on last years trip and caught it the same night with a spring trap. The rat that got in while at home was a different story. I bought every rat trap, sticky pad, and poison I could find and finally got it after 3 days with a large spring trap with peanut butter and cotton string as recommended by JRS,

BTW, our large kitchen wall mirror fell down also. It was attached with some cheap foam tape. I reinstalled it with liquid nails construction adhesive. I don't think it's ever coming off again.

BTW, our large kitchen wall mirror fell down also. It was attached with some cheap foam tape. I reinstalled it with liquid nails construction adhesive. I don't think it's ever coming off again.
I noticed our kitchen mirror is also loose. All it is keeping from falling is the bottom wood molding.

Latest resources

Back