Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Deploying jacks w/out dumping air bags (not related to slide operation)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@redbaron - what solenoid should I be carrying a spare of and where do I get it.

@J&JD - glad you missed the storms and giant tornado ahead of you.

@redbaron - what solenoid should I be carrying a spare of and where do I get it.

@J&JD - glad you missed the storms and giant tornado ahead of you.
What is needed is a 250A continuous duty solenoid. Cole hersee sells a 200a for $75 on Amazon. I carry that and use it as an emergency. As long as you keep your RPMs high while extending slide the amp will be low due to higher
Line voltage.

There are a ton of 300amp solenoids listed on Amazon for under $20 and I would add one to the pile along with the Cole Hersee. Should cover any needs and it’s a small part to store.

If/when you have time, can you provide a link or part number, there are a gazillion on Amazon. And where is this critical part located in the coach and what is its function so I can understand better, and it's relation to Active Air.

As long as you keep your RPMs high while extending slide the amp will be low due to higher
Interestingly, my FWS will not operate with the engine running. That’s one of the things I’m going to discuss with HWH.
I will also discuss the solenoid with them.

We have made it to Lincoln Nebraska from the Bay Area (1700 miles) so far managing this crazy system.
Tornado pics on Facebook now, this is someone posting the tornado that was just north of Lincoln.

tornado.png

If/when you have time, can you provide a link or part number, there are a gazillion on Amazon. And where is this critical part located in the coach and what is its function so I can understand better, and it's relation to Active Air.

Interestingly, my FWS will not operate with the engine running. That’s one of the things I’m going to discuss with HWH.
I will also discuss the solenoid with them.
There is a lockout that was moved in 2019 to the parking brake. Prior years it was ignition based.

Tornado pics on Facebook now, this is someone posting the tornado that was just north of Lincoln.

View attachment 23678
Ok, @Neal, we realize now that you are finally getting back at us for harassing you about your Ventana/snow/snow Sox adventure. Good call!

@Neal and @redbaron , thanks for all your comments and help. We have made it to Lincoln Nebraska from the Bay Area (1700 miles) so far managing this crazy system. The last leg to HWH hopefully will be finished tomorrow with a Monday morning appointment there. I will post a full report when we get this darn thing diagnosed.
Thanks again!
Just FYI Truck Center in Lincoln on Arbor Rd at 1-80 (exit 405) is an excellent honest Freightliner shop and they are open and working 24/7. They worked on mine overnight on a Friday night and I was back on the road on Saturday. Hopefully you wont need them for anything but since you mentioned Lincoln I thought I’d let you know. Where did you stop for the night in Lincoln?

Latest resources

Back