• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Describe your ideal and favorite campground and site

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Most of the above, except I don't mind highway noise or trains.

One without bright overhead lights every other campsite, that illuminate the entire area as though it were day time. I came to the country for crying out loud. Turn off the lights.

Ok so I know what you all want. Some I can accommodate. There is Cherry Creek Camp and RV site in Cherry Creek state park in Denver. The spaces are fairly large, lots of free open spaces and right next to the best dog park ever. 16 AC of fenced in area with a creek running through it, a few watering spaces, the walk along the trails gives you a two mile walk . Even with hundreds of dogs I have never seen a dog fight. Too much room. The is horseback riding, hiking, fishing, boating and just a few minutes to downtown Denver. Good food and restaurants galore. We love this place but it is very hard to get in. Make reservation in plenty of time.

Another one of our favorites is in Montrose, Colorado. Quiet little town, not far to the hot springs in Uray, and wonderful dog park at the south end of. town with water and lots of shade. We are going to try a campground not far from the dog park next year, this past year we stayed at the state park with good amenities but no pool. Creek and fishing, hiking, biking.

Then there is a park in Moss Landing near Monterey, Ca, just a jump to the ocean, next to the harbor. you hear the barking of the sea lions, sea gulls and the rushing of the waves. There is a small area to have the dogs go potty, like I said right next to the beach. There is a sign of no dogs on the beach, so we walked further away from where the people are and never had a problem. The dogs loved it and the people that did see us loved watching the. dogs having so much fun. It's cool there like anywhere along the CA coast. A Mexican Restaurant is right next door with good food and a. short drive to Monterey.

We are retired Air Force so we also like the campground on the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and the park in Monterey at the Naval Post Graduate School . Both are great parks with military rules and you better adhere to them. We have not stayed at any one park for more than a week but one can never tell when the time comes.
Went to Oregon at stayed there no far from Crater Lake with beautiful Redwood trees all around us but not very private. Next come Washington State right on the ocean.

If you want good ocean go to Newport, oregon. I don't have a campground to ad but I'm sure they have plenty.

If you want good ocean go to Newport, oregon. I don't have a campground to ad but I'm sure they have plenty.
thank you

West view RV park in southwestern co. Just outside of Cortez co. fits just about all you want. Beautiful club house, paved roads concrete pads, large sites with grass. Check out there web site.

Latest resources

Back