Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
At campgrounds I've found it interesting the noise a Propane burner makes such as the RV next to me when it comes on. Out walking the pup this morning I realized that I think my OASIS burner noise is worse. It's all part of camping in the colder climates but to think we with the diesel burners are quieter than the propane RV's I'm not thinking so. :(

At the balloon fiesta I did not find the diesel burners around us objectionable at all.

Over on that other forum there is a thread about adding a muffler to the Oasis piping. I just did that to help cut down on the noise. Here are a few pictures. I used a Jones Exhaust Turbo Tube Muffler ATT18S-3 and Vibrant Performance Exhaust Seal Clamps 1163. Now I just need a volunteer to camp really close to me to see how it works.

FLSteve

IMG_4109.jpg
IMG_4110.jpg
IMG_4111.jpg
IMG_4112.jpg

Interesting but even more terrifying of hitting something under the coach. I'd love to run mine straight back to the aft and then if needed muffle it there. I need to add that to my future coach specials list. Not that there will be a future coach but I figured I'd better document it learning from others' specials and ideas shared.

It's still not the lowest item under there. Pictures make it look worse than it really is. Mine came running straight back and then out under the wet bay but I wanted to install a sewer tube back there so moved the Oasis exhaust forward.

It's still not the lowest item under there. Pictures make it look worse than it really is. Mine came running straight back and then out under the wet bay but I wanted to install a sewer tube back there so moved the Oasis exhaust forward.

@Neal @Dutch Star Don … on the "other forum" Dutch Star Don outlined a couple ways to raise this a bit, so I am going to look into doing that. I think I am ok as is … but if I can raise it I will give it a try.

FLSteve

I too have considered adding some sort of noise abatement device and my concern always goes back to will it have any effect on the burner efficiency. I'm concerned the back pressure created by adding a muffler could affect the burner efficiency.

I too have considered adding some sort of noise abatement device and my concern always goes back to will it have any effect on the burner efficiency. I'm concerned the back pressure created by adding a muffler could affect the burner efficiency.

@Texas Clodhopper … good question. I too wondered that. There is some discussion about that on the other forum if you want to go read it. I think Newmar used to install mufflers ... not sure why they stopped doing that.

FLSteve

Oasis and Aqua Hot burners are probably slightly louder than most propane furnaces I have been around. Not sure I would ever be concerned enough to modify the exhaust on mine though. I guess I just don't see the value of doing it while maybe others may find it to be more of a priority based on their camping style.

Latest resources

Back