• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm heading down to see the grand kids in Gulf Shores in a couple weeks with the Coach. Thank goodness I have a full tank left over from my trip to Florida in December. That will save me a bunch of money right there! Diesel was almost $2.00 a gallon cheaper when I bought that tank.
Yes I was happy to see a full tank when we took out our motorhome yesterday

Just an "FYI"!
Made a trip up I-95 to Virginia, then returned, via the same route!
Diesel $5.29-$5.75
Gas $3.99-$4.49
Most places went up from .10-.20 cents per gallon in the last 2-3 days!

Went to get some diesel yesterday. they were out and the station down the street was out too. It's starting.
Our planned vacation this summer has been abbreviated and now it may be cancelled altogether.
There's always next year. Or is there?

Went to get some diesel yesterday. they were out and the station down the street was out too. It's starting.
Our planned vacation this summer has been abbreviated and now it may be cancelled altogether.
I hope that's not a trend, leaving in the morning to pick our motorhome up in Sarasota and drive it the 1000 miles back home.

Yep, and those behind the fiasco have no clue (or just don't care) what the economic result is going to be. My friend bought a thriving campground last year. It's small, like mine, but it's established and has always stayed full. Yesterday he told me he's had one visitor all month.
I’m sorry to hear that. I hope we’re all motivated to get out and vote. This is such a difficult time for everyone.
That's really the question....just read that there is a shortage of dye that is used in all kinds of tests run in the hospitals; angiograms, certain breast mammography, etc. It's getting ridiculously out of control.

To compound fuel costs, rv parks for my trip later this summer have increased their prices from 15% to 50% over 2020. Food costs at the grocery stores and restaurants all have increased. Now the stock market is cratering. I'm sure glad I got that huge increase in my social security benefits this year. Now we're experiencing shortages in fuel.

To compound fuel costs, rv parks for my trip later this summer have increased their prices from 15% to 50% over 2020. Food costs at the grocery stores and restaurants all have increased. Now the stock market is cratering. I'm sure glad I got that huge increase in my social security benefits this year. Now we're experiencing shortages in fuel.
I froze my 401 money about 6 mo. ago and was starting to wonder if I did the right thing. I guess so.

there have been several articles written. Here’s two.

Thanks, @sheridany. Very informative. It’s truly a perfect storm.

Thanks, @sheridany. Very informative. It’s truly a perfect storm.
It is indeed. And to my knowledge, there is nothing we can do about it. Just sit here and watch the carnage as it unfolds.

It is indeed. And to my knowledge, there is nothing we can do about it. Just sit here and watch the carnage as it unfolds.
Have you seen any repercussions of this around reservations?

Latest resources

Back