• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We will stay stationary for at least two months in a park district campground on the Illinois River. We will see how high these diesel prices go and if there ends up being shortages.

Actually, this is a good area if your daily driver is a F350. The Ford dealer is less than a mile away, plus there is a large local gas station less than 2 miles away that is almost always the cheapest in the Peoria metro area for diesel. Currently with their membership card diesel is at $5.13. Still spending over $200 on a fill up in a pickup is sick!

It appears diesel prices may be leveling off except in CA. One week is not a trend. Let's hope it continues.

On-Highway Diesel Fuel Prices.png

From Sarasota FL to Marion IL, these prices are WITH my TSD fuel card discount.
Bushnell FL Loves $5,689 52 gallons saved $13.28
Ozark AL Loves $5.649 44.79 gallons saved $11.28
Falkville AL $5.589 40.8 gallons saved $10.25

Falkville really hurt because the Marathon on the other side of the interstate was advertising diesel for 40 cents cheaper but I didn't think I'd fit in there, when I got back on the interstate I saw they also had truck lanes.

I was filling up when I showed close to half a tank, obviously I wasn't down that far yet on any stop since I supposedly have 130 gallon tank.

It sounds like this is the new norm, at least for 2 more years. Based on news today, we're advised that this is what we should be getting used to. Without any need for getting political, my advice is live your life and enjoy the journey and share the journey. You are in control of your happiness and in charge of getting the most out of your life. This is our cost of living, either you can do it or you can't. Live your best life.

Trish and I had a lengthy discussion about the effects of fuel on the RV park business and we're contemplating closing down during the 2023-2024 seasons. Or at least until we see a change in the political attitude here in America.

We've only had a few reservations the entire month of May and I expect even less as time goes on. We've got a lot going on this year, but most of it was booked last year. Most of the other parks are suffering as well. We don't carry any debt, so we'll be fine. Can't say that for a lot of the other parks though.

There are too many static costs involved in running a park like ours and it makes no sense to work that hard when there isn't enough business to even break even. We might as well just head south and enjoy a nice long vacation.

America as we know it is being destroyed and I have serious concerns about our country's survival for the next couple of years. It just not possible to run a country into the ground like this and expect anything but disastrous results to come of it.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this @Jim but you are a very wise/smart man. Rather than sitting around wondering/waiting you sure do need to enjoy your life and we need to see pictures of that! A thought comes to mind in allowing private access but I assume you need to shutdown utilities as that's an expense that has no return.

I hope things will turn around, it's probably still early in the season so maybe just wait a bit and see? Summer hasn't broken through here yet, same as where you are I'm sure. I know for me personally my 2022 travels don't start until July 1st.

Well the good news is that high fuel prices and skyrocketing inflation in associated markets should also drive the cost of used DPs back down to “normal” over the year and there will probably be some real deals during the coming winter.

So if you are still “on the hunt” you might be able to take this lemon economy and turn it into a lemonade coach. It will be interesting to see what all this does to the new coach market over the next year or so, which just finished responding to inflation with significant price increases.

No one knows the dollars and "sense" of your RV Resort (yeah...resort) like you. Your assessment is sound (IMHO) and this summer will see less travel. Not sure what "less travel" translates into, but it will affect the bottom line of most of the RV industry. It's sad to see this Country destroyed from within (intentionally) but we need to remember that "...this world is not our home...". I pray you discern the right decision for you and find peace in it. Blessings...

Last night we pulled into a small private park in a small town in the BC interior. I would say the park has 60 sites with about a dozen bring tent sites. It’s about half full and probably a third of those are rental RV’s that are mostly European tourists. Mostly class C’s and small trailers and one big diesel pusher. There are two electric vehicles pulling trailers here which may be a sign of things to come. Us and one other.

The front desk lady says it’s not too far off of normal here right now so hard to say how the summer will go. We had intentions of booking sites along the way but might just wing it. Here for a couple days and then moving on.

Rather than sitting around wondering/waiting you sure do need to enjoy your life and we need to see pictures of that! A thought comes to mind in allowing private access but I assume you need to shutdown utilities as that's an expense that has no return.
Actually, the real costs are not the ones you would expect. Power isn't much if nobody is here, water is basically free as we have a well on site. The real costs are the plants and decorations that Trish likes to put out all year. :) And then the unbelievable amount of weedeating and mowing that has to be done to keep the place looking good.

But it's all good, I will be ready for a vacation anyway. It's the people whose parks are their income that are going to take the hit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back