• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Disappointed at this point.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have only had one new vehicle that was worth the effort. Experience proved to me the new experience is that of frustration. When I gave up on dealers to do their job, the frustration of new went away. Of course with that, I quit wasting money on new.

To me new is a Fool’s game. When you wake up to this, the frustration will go away.
Bottom line was 15K to drive to OHIO Paid for fuel an vacation a month on way back say many sites. not going to let RV = Recked Vacation. Easier bobtailing 3000mi. Then start dragging 5th wheel around.

ordered a new 2021 RockWood ultra lite 2882s with 190 watt solar/inverter option. This is what I received. One solar panel with Go power controller matched to a WFCO inverter. The factory chose to leave out cable from inverter to controller. The reason being that the controller is not compatible with WFCO inverter. This is because of interface problems. Mismatched components don’t function correctly together when they are combined in a system. Now the A/C button on controller will not function inverter unless you go out on your own and purchase on from Go Power and install it on your own. They said this is what you get. The inverter is “Ready Accessible “ in the exterior compartment that is located opposite traffic side with a button on inverter. We are not talking any responsibility for button not working or providing remote switch for inverter. They said I have to exit coach and go to traffic side compartment and turn off or on inverter as needed. That doesn’t seem right to me. Especially since I am unfortunately handicapped individual. Even without a personal problem I do believe this is a electrical engineering problem. What has been delivered is a MISMATCHED INCOMPATIBLE SYSTEM. This is due to Interfacing problems between components installed. Owners manual show functions of components And mine doesn’t function per owners manual. The inverter manual says there is a remote switch provided with 20’ cable. My coach doesn’t have one. The factory omitted these due to incompatibility issue. Forest River Owners with factory solar option are being ripped off Is you controller central doesn’t turn on and off inverter.if the system wasn’t mismatched components you would fully functional electrical system. Just what I would expect from factory Installed components. So we contacted Go Power who advise to have go power inverter installed with provided cable and all would function properly. Forest River replied go Power inverters are unreliable. Isn’t that a matter of opinion? If Go Power is “Unreliable “ why are they using Go Power Components? Forest River Claim Customer Satisfaction is important. It doesn’t appear so. So if you are buying Forest River product with Factory solar options BUYERS BEWARE!!! Your thoughts are Welcome. Thanks

I see a systems integration opportunity. I did a bit of search on this topic. First, the solar controller is accessible via Bluetooth. Should be able to turn it on and off as well as select the house battery. I view there is no need to turn it on or off when using the converter. As to the WFCO, their remote control system is unique to their system. Yes there is a provision with the converter to allow it to be turned on when no AC is present and turned off when AC is present. It is not intended to communicate with any other device. As to having to go outside, it appears the control panel has a switch to turn the converter on and off. Perhaps it is this cable that is missing.

Or maybe I'm just confused about the systems.

I see a systems integration opportunity. I did a bit of search on this topic. First, the solar controller is accessible via Bluetooth. Should be able to turn it on and off as well as select the house battery. I view there is no need to turn it on or off when using the converter. As to the WFCO, their remote control system is unique to their system. Yes there is a provision with the converter to allow it to be turned on when no AC is present and turned off when AC is present. It is not intended to communicate with any other device. As to having to go outside, it appears the control panel has a switch to turn the converter on and off. Perhaps it is this cable that is missing.

Or maybe I'm just confused about the systems.
You are getting it. According to Go Power rep the two are not compatible. Advised not to plug in the cable. I would think on my new coach controller button would control the inverter. It would if it wasn’t mismatched components That don’t interface together.

You are getting it. According to Go Power rep the two are not compatible. Advised not to plug in the cable. I would think on my new coach controller button would control the inverter. It would if it wasn’t mismatched components That don’t interface together.
The Go Power solar system is basically a stand-a-lone system. I view no reason to have it interface with the inverter. Also if the correct model inverter is used, there is supplied a cable and remote control switch. "The WF-5110R also has an exclusive internal transfer system which automatically allows the AC input to bypass the inverter when the inverter is connected to an AC power source." Not sure why one has to go outside to turn the inverter on or off. Seems it is automatic.

The Go Power solar system is basically a stand-a-lone system. I view no reason to have it interface with the inverter. Also if the correct model inverter is used, there is supplied a cable and remote control switch. "The WF-5110R also has an exclusive internal transfer system which automatically allows the AC input to bypass the inverter when the inverter is connected to an AC power source." Not sure why one has to go outside to turn the inverter on or off. Seems it is automatic.
Not exactly Go Power is a fully integrated system that have “AN EXCLUSIVE INTERNAL TRANSFER SYSTEM” and offers RV industry everything needed to outfit most RVs. Everything would function properly with Go power inverter with switch in instead of WFCO inverter. I don’t think it’s the end user responsibility to fix issue. You are correct about the WF-5110R they come with 20’ cable and remote. Forest River elected to leave them out. After telling me its behind sliding door Or maybe it’s by the bed. No neither place. Must of sold them to someone else.

Not exactly Go Power is a fully integrated system that have “AN EXCLUSIVE INTERNAL TRANSFER SYSTEM” and offers RV industry everything needed to outfit most RVs. Everything would function properly with Go power inverter with switch in instead of WFCO inverter. I don’t think it’s the end user responsibility to fix issue. You are correct about the WF-5110R they come with 20’ cable and remote. Forest River elected to leave them out. After telling me its behind sliding door Or maybe it’s by the bed. No neither place. Must of sold them to someone else.
Not at all an unusual situation where two different systems are chosen for one installation. As I research, either the Go Power system should be used for coach power integration, or WFCO system should be used. Just a poor choice on the manufacturer's part. Most likely cost-driven.

Not at all an unusual situation where two different systems are chosen for one installation. As I research, either the Go Power system should be used for coach power integration, or WFCO system should be used. Just a poor choice on the manufacturer's part. Most likely cost-driven.
While Go Power offers inverters and converters, I don't see where Go Power offers a power distribution system much like the WFCO system. WFCO does offer both the converter power distribution system AND an inverter system with automatic bypass when AC power is available. Seems to me that the Go Power system needs..........to go!

While Go Power offers inverters and converters, I don't see where Go Power offers a power distribution system much like the WFCO system. WFCO does offer both the converter power distribution system AND an inverter system with automatic bypass when AC power is available. Seems to me that the Go Power system needs..........to go!
Sounds like if Forest river did not do there due diligence when they started offering the solar with inverter option. if there would have been a go power inverter with switch to accompany the go power solar controller they chose. The system would function properly and the other WFCO devices you mention are irrelevant.Check with any electrical or electronic engineer. All in the name of profit ignoring Forest River responsibility. Doesn’t seem like CUSTOMER SATISFACTION to me. Happy campers want to share thoughts. Future Forest River buyers?

Perhaps to have the button on controller panel and in APP actually function as illustrated in the owners manual of the product. Just MayBe.

Based on my quick search, preference would be to use “ They make those systems. I did not find that Go Power does not make all of the systems required.

I did check with an electronic engineer. I looked in the mirror.
Bob
BSEE, MSEE, Ph.D. -Electro Physis
Based on my quick search, preference would be to use the WFCO system for power control, solar control, inverter control. They make those systems. I did not find that Go Power does not make all of the systems required.

I did check with an electronic engineer. I looked in the mirror.
Bob
BSEE, MSEE, Ph.D. -Electro Physics
Thank you Bob. You are partially right. If Forest river had used “the WFCO system for power control, solar control, inverter control.” All would be fine and dandy. But as stated Forest river mismatched components WFCO inverter with Go Power solar controller. They did not install the WFCO power control. Yea they ripped me off for that too. I forgot to mention that. Thanks for bringing it up. Also i do believe the Go Power GO POWER, GP-SW1500-TS, PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER & TRANSFER SWITCH would have cured all the electrical problems. With 100% compatibility. Run this by your engineer.

Latest resources

Back