Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
How accurate is what you set on your Thermostat to what the actual indoor temp is? Mine is approx 6-7 degrees off. I set 71 on the T-STAT and show 77 on my internal thermometer. My AC is cycling normally so it's hitting setpoint, not constantly running and not cooling to setpoint. It's just odd how far off the actual temp is from the T-STAT setting.

Last edited:
I've not checked for accuracy with a independent thermometer so I can't offer any insight on that. My experience is the set temp on the thermostat seems to have a poor relationship to the temperature in the coach or a particular zone. In our Ventana we have 3 air conditioners. So for example If I'm in the rear bath with the bathroom door closed, and turn on the vent fan during a shower the rear air conditioner will come on in short order. The thermostat for the rear unit is on the forward bedroom wall. I'can't imagine that thermostat responding to anything happening in the rear bathroom but it does. I just set the air conditioners to what ever number feels right. They are almost never set at the same temp yet no appreciable difference felt between the zones. Well I take that back the front zone is generally warmer or colder depending on the season due to the windshield area. The thermostat for the front unit is mounted to an exterior wall so it almost always is sensing a wall temp vs the inside air temp so the temp setting is meaningless other than to have the unit turn on and off at some point.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back