Don't Linger At Fuel Pumps!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
There are two different types.

1. The one who see you, does their business, and moves away the pump so you can get in and fill up. They usually smile and wave.
2. The one who see you, does their business, walks by you to go into the store and spend 1/2 hour shopping while blocking the pump. They usually ask "If that yours?" "Nope, stole it"
Sorry to say when I was driving truck the second came from Eastern Europe they would at least pull up from the pump and than go take a shower . you can't back up because of the other 2 trucks waitin behind you.
TB

When we are traveling we always utilize the commercial truck lanes at truck stops. As everyone knows who frequents these fuel lanes, commercial driver's and RVers, you fuel and then pull up to the line so the next person can pull up and start to fuel. Generally speaking over the years I have had very little issues fueling at all the major truck stops. Commercial truckers are never a problem.

This week when coming across the gulf coast I pulled into a busy TA. I pulled behind a Tiffin Red thinking he was done fueling but just hadn't pulled up yet. He was standing behind his toad messing around with some straps on bicycles hanging on the back of his toad. Since the fuel nozzle wasn't sticking in his coach I assumed he was finished and just waiting for the customer in front of him to pull off.

After several minutes I got out to stretch. To my shock there wasn't any vehicle in front of him. He kept messing with the bicycles for another few minutes. I walked up to him and asked if he was about finished. He said he hadn't started fueling yet and went back to playing around with the bicycle straps.

I probably shouldn't post what I wanted to say to this jerk. I simply got back in my truck thinking how lucky I was now that I can actually back up. I was able to move back about 30 feet and go to another pump. Needless to say when I was pulling out after fueling this nut job was still fueling. This was one of the worse cases of a rude RVer I had probably ever witnessed. I suspect if he continues doing that in commercial diesel lanes some trucker will point out the error of his ways.

It seems some folks believe they are the only folks in the world and everything around them is for their convenience, and thus not to be inconvenienced by others. What has happened to common sense and courtesy? Why is it, that it seems, society has turned into an "all for me and screw you" attitude?

Just be nice, smile, treat them with kindness {which they will likely hate} and move on. You'll feel much better at the end of the day and your blood pressure will be near normal.

Stopped to fuel up one time at a Pilot, the guy in front of me went inside, didn't come out. The manager found him in the restaurant ordering lunch. He looked like he needed to buy a vowel when he came out to move his truck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back