Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wess14

RVF Newbee
I have an 04 Dutch Star 3852 that just went through Hurricane Ian. Unfortunately the right side windshield was broken during the storm. No water damage. After a month, a glass company came out with the windshield. The tech seemed inexperienced and refused to put the windshield in. I have solicited other glass companies. One is going to finally look at the coach today, however, they are warning me that the windshield is held in by the fiberglass front end and I will have to sign a waiver. I was told once the windshield is popped out, it deforms the front end and it is hard to replace the windshield. The tech coming to look at it also warned me that they level off the coach with the levelers and install the windshield. Once they raise the levelers there is a good chance the windshield will pop out or crack. I'm sure people haven't totaled their RV over a broken windshield. Any one have any thoughts on this? Thanks for any input!

I would reach out to Duncan:

IF it were me...I would check here first...

Thanks, I called them and sent them Pics. We'll see if they call back. I called Newmar today and they also gave me a number to call.

Latest resources

Back