• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Attachments

• IMG_5020.jpeg
    IMG_5020.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
I agree Neal on Entegra, although they didn’t have an upcharge for Spartan on CS

It looks like the way they did it in California is the charge stays with the MH
Example in Theory:
You live in California and Travel to Las Vegas to order your new 2025 DS, the price includes the $12,600 California Emissions chassis. In the 5 months waiting to build you change your mind and the Vegas dealer now has a CA certified chassis including the $12,600 charge.
I’m in the market and live outside CA in AZ. The only way I can purchase that DS is to pay the $12,600 that I as a AZ resident get no value and possibly additional emission controls/ less performance.

Second scenario: I’m a large RV dealer in Orange County that sells Newmar, it’s the type of operation that has many units in stock for immediate delivery (you know the type). Maybe this dealer in the past has attracted buyers from not so far AZ, for example let’s just say 2 units a month average. Does he take a chance and order non-California Emission units for inventory with the hopes he can sell them?

There’s a reason Tom Lindstrom closed his dealership. He must have seen this coming and said no thanks.

Last edited:
Currently the inspection stations at the state lines are unmanned so I can’t see this happening but you never know in CA.

From my experience in the automotive industry I remember when the California Emissions standards stared. California car dealers could only sell California cars. Several years later the industry switched to California Emissions standards for most of the cars and trucks built and sold in the US. One because of the “cleanest” standards but more so so manufactures could more freely distribute inventory. California sold a lot of cars!

I can see this heading to where California RV dealers can only sell California certified RVs
I don’t see CA not letting out of state RVs to visit. When I lived in CA I had to get my 2021 Ford F250 Diesel inspected every two years. I do see this passing over to California Diesel RVs

Also there will probably be restrictions that keep people from purchasing new out of state RVs and then bringing them in to CA for registration. Possibly years plus minimum mileage
But what do I know, should be interesting to watch🍿

over $45K
No I do not have that invested in my entire BaRTH, even with heated floor upgrade. Chassis came from Gillig in Hayward, California. 🙃

There’s a reason Tom Lindstrom closed his dealership. He must have seen this coming and said no thanks.
Yet DeMartini is advertising a 2025 King Aire on their website - not on their lot so we’ll see what happens. Also it would be interesting to see if there is really any difference in Ca emissions or if the $13k just buys you the “right” to register one in Ca.

Also how ‘bout that eighty thousand dollar paint job!

Latest resources

Back