RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
It seemed every time we would get to a campground, I would have to figure out just where to anchor the dog leash. I ended up drilling a hole in the outer frame rail at the front and rear wheelwell. Now I just clip the leash either front or rear depending on our setup there.

. 20200531_165059.jpg

It seemed every time we would get to a campground, I would have to figure out just where to anchor the dog leash. I ended up drilling a hole in the outer frame rail at the front and rear wheelwell. Now I just clip the leash either front or rear depending on our setup there.

. View attachment 2239
How timely this post is @lostinfla We were sitting at a campground last night and I wanted to go inside for something, but I knew I couldn't get much satisfaction tieing the tether to a lawn chair. Great idea!

Better add disconnecting harness to the departing check list. Unless Fido is a really fast runner?

aka NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION

You must have a dog with less horsepower than my German Shepard.

Max would take that as a challenge to see how far he could pull the dutchstar before I noticed.

Max would take that as a challenge to see how far he could pull the dutchstar before I noticed.
No wonder you use Active Air Leveling @redbaron. Saves having to repair/replace the jacks. ?

Actually, Irma is only 65 lbs ( Belgian Malinois), but all muscle. I originally had a shock spring from a screen door restraint in the line to lessen the yank on her neck, but took it off as she's usually paying attention to the lead length now. That said, both of the ends of the rail are bend slightly from her earlier take offs.

Resized_20200604_103730.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually, Irma is only 65 lbs ( Belgian Malinois), but all muscle. I originally had a shock spring from a screen door restraint in the line to lessen the yank on her neck, but took it off as she's usually paying attention to the lead length now. That said, both of the ends of the rail are bend slightly from her earlier take offs.

View attachment 2283
That's a bigger dog than I imagined. Those hooks may be worth investigating. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back