• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Electrical/Inverter Question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Try resetting your Inverter. I have 2 switches. Had this problem in a previous coach and that fixed the issue.
I already did that and it didn't seem to make any difference, but I think the inverter is working OK. Just need to figure out why one circuit isn't powering when plugged into shore power. I think Rich has me on the right track. Thanks

Still not sure why you would need one, but there it is, available from Amazon (AC Works) for $65. Maybe to power a big deep fryer outside, or for boiling crabs? I guess any cooking or anything else you wanted to do electrically outside the coach.
To do the load test on the pedestal as described in the article posted above.

Right - didn't think of that.
So here's what happened. I metered the outlet, which was just installed by an electrician last week and it metered out just fine. I plugged the cord from the RV into the outlet and went inside to check the voltages in the breaker box. Everything metered just as it should. Head scratcher. Checked the electrical and EVERYTHING is working fine now!??!! I didn't change anything. Just plugged in the cord the same as I did the other day when only Half of the RV electrical was working and now everything's fine. That makes me nervous. Happy!, but nervous. I hope that it doesn't happen again. Must have just been a bad connection, though I really didn't move anything else. Probably the cord so I'll definitely wiggle it and see. Maybe try to clean up the prongs a bit and hope for the best. Thanks SO MUCH to Rich and everyone who volunteered information. It's so nice to have a place like this where these questions can be asked and helpful people volunteer their time and knowledge to help solve them! Happy to be a member!

Latest resources

Back