Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Has anyone ever had to replace the grommet in the electrical & plumbing bays? Mine is getting pretty chewed up in the plumbing bay and I wanted to get ahead of this whnen it is ready to be replaced. How difficult a project is this? Thanks!!

IMG_20200108_165729.jpg

Newmar replaced mine twice, I'm on my 3rd. They finally used a different type (don't have a pic at the moment) that has held up much better and no problems over a year now.

Would be curious if anyone has replaced it...as mine is a bit beat up too. The one for the water hose is fine...

I just replaced the grommet in our electrical bay, which is just really two pieces of gasket, a couple months ago. I can’t remember the exact cost, but it was easily under $10. Newmar sent a piece that I cut in half. Removed the old one, cleaned the area, and glued in place with Geocel Pro Flex or equivalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is whether anyone has installed one of these where it didn’t come from the factory that way. I wish I’d added a special for them to add one in my pegboard bay where I keep my extension cord reel.

Not sure about the Ventana, but on the DS with the "Star" chassis, that cutout is in the lower extended frame rail. One would have to do some major modification cutting and welding to do it right.

Here is the one Newmar installed that's finally lasting without cracking.

IMG_1289.png

We have been lucky in this regard. The CanyonStar power cabinette grommet has lasted over 18+ months since new without issue.

A good source of parts info is Newgle Newgle, Newmar's product database | Newmar

Last edited:
I think it helps to preserve the grommets (power and wafter bays) if the cable/hose is wiped down before inserting and after removing. We periodically wipe down our cable and hose with Armor-All which provides a slick surface to slide easily in and out of the grommet.

TJ

Latest resources

Back