• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Emergency! What's my location?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Last week grandson #2 got chastised for doing 89 mph on his motorcycle on the interstate. Mom looked to see where he was.
I don't know where you or your grandson are in Upstate SC, but if on I-85 or I-26, 89mph is the new don't get run over speed. The posted speed limit +25mph seems to be the norm more so every day. I don't drive that fast because it's not safe and I'm trying to burn less, not more 3x price per gallon gas. I now avoid the interstate at all costs when on two wheels and my bike isn't particularly small at over 900lbs. Just too many people with too little accountability, even the semis are regularly running 15 over and camping the in passing lane they're expressly prohibited from.

A couple of useful tips, especially for 911, know what county you are in and state for that matter.
it helps responders to choose the correct team to send.
Cell phones do funny things. I was hit by another car on a snowy mountain pass in VT. When I called 911, I hit a NYS cell tower. They had no idea of where i was even after I explained my location. They needed to redirect the call to a county dispatch in VT.

I don't know where you or your grandson are in Upstate SC, but if on I-85 or I-26, 89mph is the new don't get run over speed. .
More info might be helpful. Been living here like 30 years, a co-worker once claimed I drive everything like I stole it and both my daughters heartily agreed. Grandson is on his first motorcycle, which grandma helped finance. Mom was initially totally against the whole thing. Part of our argument for it was that the bike he was after was a "starter bike" and not actually "fast". Boy is still on his learner's permit. So where going 89 mph might mean little to nothing to you or me...

What3words is an app that will give you three words that pin points your location to within a few feet. I'm told it is used by first responders

I use an app called "Where Am I." Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

IMG_4200.png

Latest resources

Back