Entegra quality? Help!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So weekend worriors!

Any appliance can fail! Some Samsung fridges have a defrost problem! unless your fridge is running all the time, That should not be a problem!

To address the heat shield! what is it designed to protect? The grass, or the vehicles components? either way , I would not run without, the risk of fire is elevated without it.

Although I drive my rig off the beaten path, I do so like a little old lady! I know it is designed for on road travel so I am very mindful of it's weaknesses! Your list of problems lead me to believe you may be a little rough on her! She really is a gentle soul and needs a delicate touch!!!

So weekend worriors!

Any appliance can fail! Some Samsung fridges have a defrost problem! unless your fridge is running all the time, That should not be a problem!

To address the heat shield! what is it designed to protect? The grass, or the vehicles components? either way , I would not run without, the risk of fire is elevated without it.

Although I drive my rig off the beaten path, I do so like a little old lady! I know it is designed for on road travel so I am very mindful of it's weaknesses! Your list of problems lead me to believe you may be a little rough on her! She really is a gentle soul and needs a delicate touch!!!
I can’t blame Entegra for the fridge failure. Just annoyed that it is taking months to get fixed. The heat shield was welded to the top of the exhaust where it exits from under to “protect the paint” with it missing it seems far enough away from the painted cabinet door that it’s not harming it.
None of my issues with with curtains falling or doors and drawers opening are from driving it off road. Just going down the highway and hitting pavement joints etc. A Turtle could outrun me when I leave the pavement.

I can’t blame Entegra for the fridge failure. Just annoyed that it is taking months to get fixed. The heat shield was welded to the top of the exhaust where it exits from under to “protect the paint” with it missing it seems far enough away from the painted cabinet door that it’s not harming it.
None of my issues with with curtains falling or doors and drawers opening are from driving it off road. Just going down the highway and hitting pavement joints etc. A Turtle could outrun me when I leave the pavement.
Must be talking az. Freeway! That's almost the same thing as off-road! Sometimes worse. 🙃🙃🙃

We finally got our Samsung fridge replaced under the two year bumper to bumper warranty. Late July-early October without a working fridge.
When I picked it up, and they told me it was chiming and they didn’t know why, and offered to keep it until they could get a refrigerator tech there. My timelines are always tight and we had a trip planned for the weekend, so I took it home, and went to work finding the problem. The upper or fridge compartment was dark, and didn’t seem to be cooling, freezer temp was coming down and the light worked in the freezer. I connected the fridge to the app, which we had used with previous fridge. I would get “refrigerator door open” notifications. Spent some time with Samsung tech who concluded incorrectly installed, but really couldn’t say why, motor home use is not familiar to them.
I concluded the door must not be closing all the way, however to the naked eye it looked shut. There is a bracket at the top that secures the fridge… could that be the problem? My solution, partly remove the fridge from the cabinet opening, remove bracket, see what happens. Left it alone for a few hours, fridge cooled down, light on when door opens, glad for that.
When they installed the new fridge it was recessed into the cabinet about 3/8” which prevented the door from closing completely. I abandoned the original bracket which was hidden, for two side brackets I made from aluminum angle iron, leaving the fridge cabinet flush with the cabinet face, problem solved.
LaMesa also got the other items repaired at that visit. Which I was happy about.
Needless to say not too happy that it took months to get these issues resolved and I had to deal with the fridge myself at the end.
Having only purchased this motor home new I don’t have much previous experience to draw on.
LaMesa was pretty good with the warranty issues, the fridge experience was a disappointment, in part because I had to fix it myself in the end, and for the several months I had to wait to get it looked at/approved/replaced.
Entegra does honor the warranty, I wish we didn’t need it as much, LaMesa did carry out the repairs.
We learned some lessons for sure. I can’t say why the fridge failed? Extreme heat in the summer in Phoenix? Or some of the harsh roads and the rough ride at the rear of the coach?
Two solutions I have going forward, I will be leaving one AC set to 85 whenever the fridge is running on the side of our house before or after a trip, at least in the summer.
And after much discussion between the wife and myself we are going forward with four corner liquid spring installation. Not only will we have a improved driving experience, but our Rv won’t be getting hammered going down the road.

Two weeks ago we agreed to purchase a new RV. My wife and I are scheduled to take delivery on our new, Entegra Accolade xt32u this morning. This is a smaller super C built on a F550 chassis and 4wd. It checks all our boxes for what we do.
the RV dealer called me yesterday afternoon to inform me that one of the fresh water tanks wasn’t working. There are two, a 25 and a 40, it’s the 40. Did we want to take delivery? Then return it for repair, or wait until it’s fixed? I said I would take it as we have a weekend trip planned the following weekend.
is this a typical experience? Are we buying a piece of Junk? Not too happy that they waited till the last minute to tell us or prep the camper.
Sounds to me that your dealer is ethical and competent and that you're fortunate to have chosen him. It also seems that you've experienced an overabundance of problems. I know nothing about the manufacturer but if I were in the market again I'd make a note of it and rule them out. Samsung: we blew up our convection microwave and initially selected a Samsung replacement. Had an excellent tech come to solve a minor problem with our household refrigerator; when I told him what microwave we'd selected he told me that Samsung is at the bottom of the quality gradient and that they discontinue parts even on current models. He said even their copper wire seems to corrode earlier that any other make. We cancelled and ordered another make he recommended.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back