Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Everything works but no power??

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Odetymes

RVF Regular
Need some help!! Have a 2019 Ventana 3407 with no issues until yesterday. Started to prepare for a trip and plugged the fully charged unit into my 30 amp dedicated plug at home. The screen indicated "no power" and seemed to continue to operate from the batteries. Did some trouble shooting and found the power was on at the interior plugs and the 12v system worked. I tried the A/C (one of them) and it worked, however must have used the inverter as it ran down quickly. I shut the main breaker and noted while it was off the screen now said 30 amp power was on and powering the R/V. I shut the 12v system then everything else and rebooted. Nothing changed. I left the power on, both 12v and 110 overnight and found it appears to charge the batteries, frig is working and so is all the 12v systems. Screen still stated there is no power to the R/V

I have no idea how to fix this problem and having it looked at by the local repair shop is off in late Sept. due to their workload. Any ideas as to what's causing this? I called Newmar, and they went through the rebooting of the systems and couldn't come up with a solution. They thought once I powered on to a 50 amp system everything "might" work. Not sure about that.

Thanks for any input you might have.

My guess is your house is not providing the 30A power and I would verify that first. Cycle the breaker at the house and test the outlet with a voltmeter. Once you verify you have power at the house outlet then the next step is moving to the coach. The transfer switch should make a clunk sound when it transfers to the shore power connection. Can you hear that occur? If you run the GEN does your EMS show the AMPS from that where you see no power?

Move the electric cord real back and forth. Mine had dead spot that disconnected one of the two phases.

Make sure all breakers in the RV are on, including engine heat.

My guess is your house is not providing the 30A power and I would verify that first. Cycle the breaker at the house and test the outlet with a voltmeter. Once you verify you have power at the house outlet then the next step is moving to the coach. The transfer switch should make a clunk sound when it transfers to the shore power connection. Can you hear that occur? If you run the GEN does your EMS show the AMPS from that where you see no power?
Thanks! That appears to be the problem and all it took was to try the plug or power source (less amps) that was used originally and everything returned to normal. Its appears that the newly installed plug is in some way flawed or not operating at it's full capacity and the electrician that installed it will be out to fix the issues. Thanks again and off on a trip with a working RV!

LF

Thanks! That appears to be the problem and all it took was to try the plug or power source (less amps) that was used originally and everything returned to normal. Its appears that the newly installed plug is in some way flawed or not operating at it's full capacity and the electrician that installed it will be out to fix the issues. Thanks again and off on a trip with a working RV!

LF

Make sure the electrician know the difference between a RV 30 amp plug and a residential appliance 30Amp plug, they are different. For RV only ONE leg is hot, one leg is neutral and one is ground. If he wires it like conventual 30a house application, then both legs are hot with 30a Double pole breaker. You will cook RV Electrical possibly if wired wrong.

Latest resources

Back