• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ezyrider202

RVF Regular
E
I'm closing on a used Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA today and just got hit with an offer by the loan broker: Protective Asset Protection policy, conveniently funded through an increased monthly payment of $50. The coverage is vague ("heating/cooling system" "waste system) etc Details ie what's not covered are in the "contract" which they haven't provided). It's a very long list of almost every part of the rig. I have never seen a positive post about any of these policies. I have to make a decision in less than ninety minutes. Does anyone have have ANYTHING GOOD to say about these policies? Anyone recommend buying one?
EZ

You can search for "extended warranty" and you'll find answers to similar questions. I think the sentiment most have, okay, I have, is don't do it. In fact next time I buy a RV I will decline everything they offer me except the keys to my RV. No paint protection, tire warranty, idiot customer plan, etc.

You can search for "extended warranty" and you'll find answers to similar questions. I think the sentiment most have, okay, I have, is don't do it. In fact next time I buy a RV I will decline everything they offer me except the keys to my RV. No paint protection, tire warranty, idiot customer plan, etc.

X2. However, I did purchase the Freightliner extended warranty about a year into ownership. That was initiated solely by me, not the dealer or Freightliner.

Latest resources

Back