• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Failed state inspection

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The marker light is in, license plate light comes tomorrow. I inspected all marker lights at night and THEY ALL WORK! The license tag light is the only failure. Grrrr, and I ordered 3 more marker lights today to have spares on hand. If you see me at a campground feel free to buy from the mobile Newmar parts department.

Anyways, here is what the marker light looks like.

marker-light-1.png
marker-light-2.png

And, it does appear to be installed with just silicone; correct?

TJ

And, it does appear to be installed with just silicone; correct?

TJ

That's my guess, if they drilled the hole just right then there is a flange on the round part. Fortunately (other than my blood pressure) all lights are working so I didn't have to replace any. I just need to replace the license plate light then drive 30 minutes back to reinspect.

Had the reinspection this morning, almost failed again. The "marker light" is not the light on the top but the corner light of the headlamp assembly. As some may remember I replaced/upgraded my Ventana headlights. I didn't have the plug on securely so I'm glad they did this in the lot where I could see there was a problem, popped open the hood and jiggled the plug, light came on, now I'll pull and reseat the plug but I passed and escaped.

Murphy was right! "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong; and, a the worst possible time!" Glad you "escaped."

TJ

Latest resources

Back