• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Fall plans - how are yours going?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It would not be any fun in New Orleans, Key West, Naples, etc. if one cannot enjoy food and drink? Judy D
If you are able to visit Naples next year, maybe our Dustys can meet and have a play day!

My sister and BIL are still working their way toward ME. ME requires a negative COVID-19 test within 3 days of entering the state, NY (where they currently are) wants you to quarantine 14 days depending on where you enter from, MA is 14 days quarantine regardless. They are almost at a point where they want to turn back south and head back to FL, where they'll have to quarantine for 14 days also.

My sister and BIL are still working their way toward ME. ME requires a negative COVID-19 test within 3 days of entering the state, NY (where they currently are) wants you to quarantine 14 days depending on where you enter from, MA is 14 days quarantine regardless. They are almost at a point where they want to turn back south and head back to FL, where they'll have to quarantine for 14 days also.
Interesting....so, are there actually roadblocks on the major roads? Hard to imagine they can monitor all roads coming in.

I did not think there were still 14 day quarantine's going on. As we had one in VA which ended around June 10th (I don't think it's still going on) I figured they were gone everywhere. It sounds like that is not the case which throws a major problem my way in that I'm giving myself two weeks to get from VA to Glacier so if I hit a state that has this then I can't get there per plans. I'm one that doesn't plan an entire route on long trips like this as I like to figure it out along the way and I also don't trust a RV enough to not break along the way causing major issues with reservations. Looks like this weekend I'll at least need to chart a course without making formal reservations and see if I can even get there without hitting a quarantine roadblock. I may have to take the central US route to avoid all population centers that may have covid spikes. Looks like I have homework for this weekend to figure this out now.

I did not think there were still 14 day quarantine's going on
The only ones I'm aware of are NY, NJ, CT ...IF you are traveling from FL, TX + maybe others. There may be more on the way...

Had not heard about the ME test within 3 days...that would throw a real kink into trying to travel.

I don't think they have actual road blocks (they didn't mention any) - I think it is the CGs reporting to Dept of Health. My sis would of had to pull a full 14 day quarantine in NY since they are from FL but they took a month to get there and entered through PA. So no quarantine. MA is very strict but somehow they are staying a night there on way to ME.

Here is a map I found that seems to have a lot of useful information. Just thought I would post it.

FLSteve

Here is a map I found that seems to have a lot of useful information. Just thought I would post it.

FLSteve

Awesome! I was wondering if anyone had done a map at least for RVers to know the restrictions but this looks helpful too. Thanks!

That's a great tool - thanks Steve & Lisa

While not yet official it is looking like I'm going to cancel Glacier for this year. There are a number of reasons but safety is at the top, being single with a dog the last thing I need is covid. I won't make my final and formal decision until Aug 1st as much as I want to just cancel everything now, I'm going to continue to think this through. This is not what a 2300mi (one way) journey is supposed to be. I can ramble my thoughts for days here but just putting out there that it looks like I'm going to stay put and roam near home here in VA instead, although minimally for now. Keep safe everyone!

Latest resources

Back