Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Feedback on driving a 2020 Newmar New Aire?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Any reports of how the 2020 Newmar New Aire drives with the 450 HP engine?

I only drove a 2019. :( But ordered a 2020 on specs alone. I know someone that has one, and actually traded their 2019 for the 2020. They wanted the extra 2 feet and the bigger engine. I know they pull a large pick up.

We parked next to Ann n Gene at the AIM rally in Las Vegas last month. They had just traded their 2019 33 foot New Aire for a 2020 35 footer. I can’t recall exactly which floor plan.

The DW and I got a tour and it was a beautiful coach. They both were very excited with their new toy and had lots of good things to say about their dealer, NIRVC.

Maybe we can get them over on this forum to give a full report.

Last edited:
The Dutch Star and New Aire have the same rear end gearing, (4.78).
With the difference in weight it should build momentum rapidly.
Almost to the point of acceleration. I wish we had waited a year to buy.

Our Dutch Star at 37' weighs about the same as a 35 NA. One of the main reasons for our choice when looking at it and a Ventana was the HP difference. I can say it gets going quicker than the small engined Ventana, but it's hardly what I would call quick. Our old Baystar would leave either one in the dust. Our present DS at 37K will climb most hills out west at 50mph towing the Wrangler which is about as much as I could expect.

I test drove one in Tucson back in January. The power is very nice, the glass dash takes some getting used to. It did not ride that much better compared to my Ventana 3407. The comfort drive still has the flat spot at center, so always correcting the straightness of the coach. If I win the lottery, maybe I would trade up for the engine and some of the creature comforts would be nice. Not sure I want all that "tech" since it costs money to fix once warranty is out. We had dishwasher in last coach, so I would never have another, would rather have the storage. Kitchen seems to be larger, and sink is defiantly larger than 3407. When have the money will decide if I want to spend it or not, not loosing sleep over it though.

Oh, you lose some fresh water capacity and some fuel capacity going to NA. Don't remember the numbers. I am getting 9-10MPG in my 3407, and that is consistent over our 13K miles, with 3 trips across USA behind us. I am not pleased with how much DEF it uses, since that is more expensive than diesel. Everything is a compromise, some things better, some others not so much. We looked at all three floor plans, so my advise to you is, look at all three and put slides in on all three, to see which one you like better closed up. Don't remember king bed options on different models, we liked the better booth option, but you lose something else getting that, don't remember what. We currently have the table and chairs, and traveling we put the chairs on the bed strapped together, which is what NM suggests you do. We also did not get couch, opting for the recliners and little table, those chairs are heavy, and have to be turned around facing the wall to travel, that is if you want to move inside the coach when everything is closed up. We don't put that slide out, if we are overnighting since it's a pain to move the chairs for one evening. Our longest day was 450 miles, getting in right at dark. Putting in at night was not to bad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back