Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Not that long ago, I bought a "new to me" motor home. I thought it a bit strange that there was not a fire extinguisher on it anywhere. Which got me to wondering, how many extinguisher's do you guys/gals have, and where do you keep them so that you have quick access?

Newmar installs one by the entry door right of the passenger seat (on the wall) - I guess they didn't in yours?
They may have, but it's not there now. There is however, a 25' water hose coiled up behind the passenger seat. You don't suppose?

Fire blankets strike me as good idea. Simple, don't expire and easy to deploy. On my wish list. https://amzn.to/3iUA2A3

By the entry door and one in a storage bay on both sides of the coach. If you get to a fire early you'll be glad you had the extinguishers. They go on sale periodically at Costco. Cheap insurance. Blessings

Last edited:
I also keep a few in storage bays in adition to the factory model at the entry door. When I had our RV in for 15k maintenance at NIRVC this fall I decided to have them install the Proteng throughout as we are still full timing. It wasnt cheap, but I think it would be far better than nothing in the event of a fire while moving down the road. Call me paranoid I guess. Reminds me I have a funny story about a fire extinguisher I should add to the "dumbest things you have done" thread.

We have a factory supplied unit by the door and another larger unit under the kitchen sink and another larger unit under the bath sink.

Now that this is being discussed, realize that we should add one on each side of the coach in the basement area, able to be quickly accessed.

Front door, under the kitchen sink, rear closet, in two bays, plus the full Proteng system. Really, not paranoid about fire, but why should I be?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back