• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FORD V10 MPG

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well guys I am ready to hit the road. I have installed a K&N large cone cold air intake system, decided not to go with high flow catalitic converter and stay with the stock one. I also replaced the stock muffler with a 36 inch high performance straight flow through muffler. Topped it off with a ultra rv tuner. Checked all tire pressure. Can,t wait to see what my 2019 Hurricane 34R V10 will do.

I get 6 MPG with my 34 foot rig with the V10. What can I do to improve the gas millage? It is a Thor Hurricane.
We have a 31' Phantom, between 7 & 8 mpg. Pull a light trailer with a motorcycle trike. MPG will vary depending on speed. 70 mph will decrease from less than 65.

What speed are you traveling at? I hace a 23 37 foot Windsport with the 7.3L gas and get 8.5 at 63 MPH
That’s awesome!
Maybe the 7.3 makes that big of a difference… I have a 34 ft with the V10 and get about 6 at 65.
If I keep on the state roads and 60 mph and below, I can get 6.5 - 7…

I did a little mod just to see if there is a difference. Using stock filter I removed the intake snout and connected a flex pipe to an ac duct outlet to create a ram air intake. Like to see what happens next trip “. About $15

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpeg
    IMG_2093.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10

Latest resources

Back