Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Found large screw sticking in the tread of a rear tire today!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rustymayes

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Fulltimer
No
As I am preparing for a weekend trip to the Russian River Valley for the weekend, I noticed that my outside right rear tire was quite low. Upon further investigation I found that I have what looks like a 3/16 inch diameter screw that has punctured and lodged in between the tire tread. I was going to remove the tire and take it to Les Schwab but decided to reinflate it and just drive the two miles and let them do the work. I am really hoping that they can plug the hole and not need to replace the tire. I only have 6000 miles on the rig so it would be a shame to have a tire ruined by a dang screw! f=Fingers Crossed!

As I am preparing for a weekend trip to the Russian River Valley for the weekend, I noticed that my outside right rear tire was quite low. Upon further investigation I found that I have what looks like a 3/16 inch diameter screw that has punctured and lodged in between the tire tread. I was going to remove the tire and take it to Les Schwab but decided to reinflate it and just drive the two miles and let them do the work. I am really hoping that they can plug the hole and not need to replace the tire. I only have 6000 miles on the rig so it would be a shame to have a tire ruined by a dang screw! f=Fingers Crossed!

How unfortunate for you. For what it's worth, I have had a few dealings with a couple of Les Schwab stores. One in Florence, Oregon and once in Yuma, Arizona. On both occasions I was very pleased with the service and would probably drive an extra mile or two if I was in need of tire service again. I hope you have a similar experience. I wish they had stores in Canada. Good luck.

Darrell

Odds are if on the tread (raised part or groove) then you'll be fine. If on or too near the sidewall then not so much. I carry a kit like this with me. You can use it with the tire still mounted on the wheel and on the rig. Amazon product ASIN B09K838SKG
Good luck and have a great trip!

Best,
-Mark

Latest resources

Back