Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Can Newmar ever return to the quality of the Miller era?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think these conversations are quite worthwhile as they evoke critical thinking, which is necessary whether purchasing or maintaining a DP, and for the most part they are held without acrimony. But I have to agree that when the devolve to vexation and even apparent anger, they loose some of their appeal.
Critical thinking and factual discussion go hand in hand. Pulling complaints out of one's ah is another. When the same few keep slamming the same brand, without owning or direct knowledge of the current models, its no longer a factual conversation and cannot bring along critical thinking.
I find that I have learned alot from this conversation. Number one was not to renew my support for this forum and two was to toss the coffee mug and stickers in the garbage. Both done today!

To start with, I do not have a Newmar. I ended up on this website because, at one time, I was looking at Newmars. I've looked at many websites. I see a lot of complaints. I'm not talking about minor repairs. I'm talking about "the slide fell off the RV while driving" type of complaints. At the time, I was looking at a fairly wide range of RVs. I was mostly looking for a floor plan that I could live with (without feeling the need to make major changes). I have since discovered that there is no such thing as a ready made RV that I would be completely happy with.

Regarding quality...
To start with, I feel any business, no matter what product they produce or service that they provide, will eventually get too big to provide really good customer service. At some point the "acceptable" number of dissatisfied customers will increase without significantly impacting the Bottom Line. If all you can see is the Bottom Line, then the "acceptable" number of dissatisfied customers can get very high.

I could say a lot of this subject. But I'm not. I get hung up on the RV Park owners basically saying that all RVs are junk after they hit 10yo. And the manufacturers are doing nothing about that marketing concept. If anything, they are trying to fulfill that concept. My goal is to buy a used toyhauler (of the right size and basic layout) and rebuild it myself to suit my needs and wants. This is the only way I have come across to get an RV that is built to my standards. I could choose the best components for my needs. And I know that there are many, many people in the "RVing World" who are incapable of tacking a piece of trim molding back in place (necessitating a 6 month wait at the dealership for "warranty work" on a brand new trailer or motorhome). My method wouldn't work for them, unless they are willing to learn some new skills. But it is what it is. Everything is a compromise.

I find that I have learned alot from this conversation. Number one was not to renew my support for this forum and two was to toss the coffee mug and stickers in the garbage. Both done today!

Then why do you continue to post. If you’re not happy move on. Bye bye.

Alright already. Keep it up and my people will be getting in touch with my attorney to get in touch with your attornies so they can get in touch with your people so ya'll will know you've done done it. And that may or may not be a run-on sentence.
Cloud hopper snatch the pebble from my hand………..🥷🏻

Then why do you continue to post. If you’re not happy move on. Bye bye.
Because I paid. Got a problem with that? Send me my money back and I will delete my profile and be gone. Did you ever notice, its always the same posters? This place turns many off. You basically have a hand full of posters, like you that hang on. Me, I am going to get my money's worth.

FFS

Well damn buddy, that's a pretty nasty remark. Feel better now?

Latest resources

Back