Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
@ARD is having her 3rd installed as we speak and sure enough I think mine is on its way out. The furnace fan (convector?) that is under the dash front and center of the coach. It's on high but it's cycling as if either the power is unstable (others are not cycling) or the convector is on its last leg. In talking with @ARD it seems like there may be a bad batch of these fans out there, not that I expect Newmar to replace this one well outside of warranty, but I'll certainly inquire.

Anyone else have one fail and did you replace it yourself? I've removed the one when fixing my shower drain but didn't disconnect anything, I'm thinking just have to clamp off the two lines and then get the hoses off. I tried disconnecting the fan when doing the shower drain replacement and those lines felt glued on and were not coming off easy.

Any tips welcome on these heater fans.

Now it's working fine. Holding breath!

Now it's working fine. Holding breath!

Interestingly we have never used that heat exchanger. Between heated floors and the fireplace we have always been toasty.

You have a nice setup for sure. The front heat exchanger is powerful and key to heating zone 1 if you don't have those other heat sources. I didn't know I had it for a while then discovered that switch early on.

Neal, the blower and heat exchanger usually are two separate things. Just like your electric radiator fan and radiator.
You should be able to replace the blower without disconnecting the fluid hoses. Me thinks? ?

That wasn’t the case in the bedroom side of the shower. The heat exchanger has a fan integrated. I’m not sure if one is in the other, that would be nice. But I really think it’s a single unit.

I am not sure what all is on the 12V circuit. I turned off my LED lighting and also unplugged the GPS as there were 2 12V outlets added by Newmar and I’m not sure what they tapped into. Right now it’s working perfect so all is good.

@Buly you are absolute right! It seems the front dash blower is a separate blower and heat exchanger which is not what is at the bedroom side of the shower. Newmar parts (Joe) sent me the info below, thankfully right now mine is working perfect again! I'll take the 2nd chance!

PN 127795A - $254.18

blower.jpg

Ventana 3407 - Front fan sometimes slows down or makes a strange noise, I have switch on high. Neal is correct, if you want the front part of house to get warm, that one and the two in the kitchen need to be on. Can tell you that the A/C elements did 90% of our heating last winter, very rarely used the diesel burner part of the system, but when we did the temperature of the heat coming out of the registers was hotter. We also used both heat pumps and they will do a good job as well. Mine worked down to about 39F outside before they had trouble.

Even if the coach is "winterized" you can still use the heat side of the system and it would work fine. Question?-Has anyone run the heat with the slides IN? Especially the bedroom, did the mattress get in the way or get to hot being closed up? My questions was based on, my not being able to winterize coach because the factory installed system would not work, I was able to work around that, but my fall back option was to turn on AGS, turn on diesel burner operation, set thermostat down to 40F and let the heating system keep the pipes from freezing. We were/did have temps down in the lower 20's and high teens. Now it's winterized, so mute point, sort of curious if anyone else has run it that way?

Latest resources

Back