• Commercial/Vendors welcome

garmin gps

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Garmin GPS strikes again. Arriving at St Augustine RV Resort the GPS insisted to take us down a closed, dead end road. Leaving this morning the GPS tried the same bait.
This park has been revamped a number of years ago and closed off the old entrance.
GPS has not been updated since the new road was cut. A Real PITA at the end of a trip.
Luckily I was aware of the change from other research and did not take the bait.
Bad Garmin,,,🫵🏻
You should report this to Garmin. This occasionally happens when someone reports construction. If no one alerts Garmin of the lack of need for the detour after the construction is finished, it continues to send people on the detour route.

And that reminds me of another benny, Garmin RV 890 can tell you the truck stops between current location and destination so you can fuel plan, i.e. find that best TSD refuel point. RV 770 couldn't do this. Gas stations are one thing, truck stops are a huge win for this device.

And yes, the Garmin RV devices also have full databases of campgrounds, etc. which is nice. For those using the RV 890 you don't need to go into categories such as Address to input an address. Recently I discovered just entering it in the top right search box works great.
Hi Neal, I have been unable to find where this truck stop info is hiding on my 890, could you point me in the right direction so to speak?
Hi Neal, I have been unable to find where this truck stop info is hiding on my 890, could you point me in the right direction so to speak?
Scott

Hmmm, swore I looked there and could only find gas station info. I am updating my software right now, will look again when the updates are complete. Thanks for the quick reply.

Scott

Garmin GPS strikes again. Arriving at St Augustine RV Resort the GPS insisted to take us down a closed, dead end road. Leaving this morning the GPS tried the same bait.
This park has been revamped a number of years ago and closed off the old entrance.
GPS has not been updated since the new road was cut. A Real PITA at the end of a trip.
Luckily I was aware of the change from other research and did not take the bait.
Bad Garmin,,,🫵🏻
Joe I don't think this is entirely Garmin's fault. I was on Google Maps when I read this so I just copied and paste the Resort in. It looks like this is an older RV Park that has been there for some time and has been recently updated.

For Garmin or any other mapping service not to have the new data is in reality the fault of the Resort. If this was my place I would survey everyone who came in to find out how they got there and if they had any issues AT ALL GETTING THERE. So I could get it corrected.

It looks like the old entrance is way down by a Wendy's and the new one is way up and to the left on resort way. We always verify before we go anywhere if we're unsure if we can we call.

My 890 has the up ahead categories preset. I can only change the order. I usually use the trip planner and program in all of my potential stops.

Scott
It is there, sometimes it is a labyrinth but it is there.
Sorry, but I'm not close to my 1090.

Something interesting happened once under way. The new entrance exit became preferred route. Thinking that the map paired with the iPhone and offered a newer routing.
We always get the newest Google map prior to departure.

Something interesting happened once under way. The new entrance exit became preferred route. Thinking that the map paired with the iPhone and offered a newer routing.
We always get the newest Google map prior to departure.
Joe,
That's about 5 miles from me, and the work from Wildwood, west on Rt.207 to the I-95 ramp has been under construction for over 2 years. They changed that entrance ( I think twice) while the new roads were being put in from Rt. 207 to the RV park, & the betting parlor! I believe that it has been permanently completed, & I would bet updated in the near future. The new road is nice, the old one was a goat path!:D
Are you just overnighting, or gonna be here a few days?

We are home in Vero now. Just a couple of nights in St Augustine.
We did have the pleasure of eating at the Purple Olive on A1A one night. A great place to dine in our opinion.

Sorry we had such a short stay, would have liked to get together.

Joe

Latest resources

Back