Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Garmin RV 890 setup for towed vehicle?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This forum is getting expensive. I just order the 890RV from Amazon for 399.

Found a couple of neat features. Where it displayed Rest Stops, Gas Stations, Restaurant's downside the GPS you can change Gas Stations buy tapping on the Gas Stations then hit the wrench in the corner and search for "Truck Stops" then chose a new icon. That will display Truck Stop only on your route, not all the gas stations.
On the screen that has where to go that has Camp Grounds, Address, KOA, Etc I found on the bottom you can put in custom locations. I added Cracker Barrels and since we like staying overnight at them while traveling. Any other hacks.

@Gizmo,
Those are actually documented features, rather than “hacks”; if that’s where you were headed.

Probably the majority of the icons on the 890 are customizable. Additionally, there are quite a few “hot fields” which allow you to change criteria such as “city”, “along route”, and “near destination” as you are doing a “search”. The upper left field is usually the spot for this criteria and very useful.

What you’re referring to on the main “Where To?” screen is called a “Shortcut” and many different items can be added to that screen, as well as some can be deleted if they are a nuisance. Tapping and Holding is the way to drag and reorganize them, just as with an iPhone.

The manual can be accessed within the Garmin itself, and also here online:

Garmin RV 890's are in stock again on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089DMTQFT/?tag=rvf01-20

I spoke with Garmin as it appears mine is defective so a replacement is coming and asked about the 1090. He says it's identical to the 890 but slightly larger. I was curious if the Android operating system was newer.

Latest resources

Back