Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm going to go a little off topic here from RV land to help my fellow RVers that may not be a technically on top of things, i.e. full fledged geek! It's 2020 and in my opinion no one should be using a password for anything that YOU came up with. I can bet you $1 your password is either a pet, a family member, or a birthdate or anniversary! Okay, ready to fix this? Can't remember a password? Let's fix that too!

It's time to make the leap into a password manager. Luckily today everyone has this built in from Apple, Windows, whatever you use, most likely they've built something to generate and store passwords for you. But is it cross platform, i.e. if all of your passwords are in iCloud what about Windows? Maybe not today but someday this may be a consideration. Are you using the built in password managers or a 3rd party product? Are you using them for 100% of your passwords? Didn't think so, read on.

There are a lot of 3rd party password managers too and this is what I use, more specifically I chose 1password from Password Manager for Families, Businesses, Teams | 1Password. 1password can work for individuals, families, or teams as I'm single I just use it for myself and I have my mother using it now too. I've seen people keeping passwords in their contact apps, spreadsheets, you name it. It's time to let an app do the work for you. 1password works on my phone so I can just have it autofill when needed or open it to view something I need. It goes far beyond passwords and can securely store credit cards, membership numbers, documents, photos, whatever you want. It can generate passwords easily based on any requirement (numbers, symbols, length, etc.). It works with all of the browsers so it will prompt you to fill in a known password or prompt to save when you add something new.

The moral here is it's easy but the real moral here is no password today should be something you can remember. It should not have any word, name, or date in it. With that said, it's time to explore something to manage your passwords if you don't already use one. Install one on your computer, phone, tablet and just give it a try. Watch any videos on youtube on any of your choosing or read their web site.

I am not affiliated with 1password, I'm just a very very happy customer of it and swear by it! You know my memory isn't all there at times and no way am I going to remember my passwords. With that said too, never never never reuse any password! Every site, use, etc. should have its own unique password. With a password manager this is now easy to do. There are a lot of options out there, I landed on this one and love it, choose whichever works best for you and your needs.

Last edited:
I use KeePass. It syncs with my wife's devices, my pc, tablet, phone. Very secure and has all the information we need.

I store credit cards, insurance, warranty, as well m as passwords. Every website I use has a unique username and password. Keeps it very random.

We've been using the built-in Apple password manager, but I'm going to look into both of the ones suggested above. What I do like about the Apple password manager is that if it glitches, I can get help via Apple Technical Support (with which I have had good experiences) rather than having to deal with third-parties.

TJ

dashlane app on the phone and browser based and syncs across platforms.

Yes, I have over two hundred passwords for various sites. On the phone I have an old app that keeps track of things. Huge PIA.

I use MSecure, but mostly rely on the Apple's password manager. Except with the Pepwave and then I just ask @Neal. Ugh, now look what you've done. Another project, I need to update MSECURE, especially with credit card and passport stuff.

I need a (n) reaction I see. Adding to my to-do list!

Being in the business none of my passwords are anything but a random pattern of keys remembered by the computer/iPhone . Not sure how safe password minders, but that is where the state of the art is now.

One word...

1Password

I’ve been using it sinceit’s launch and have turned dozens of happy and safe users onto it. The #1 response I get, after Thank you, is “I don’t know how I’d get along without it!”

Most people don’t even realize the biggest benefit of having 1Password. And that it it’s tight integration with your Browsers on all platforms. So my iPhone, Macs, iPads are merely a quick command key away of having my login information instantly filled into any website or even App login!!!!!

With over 400 unique and secure login-passwords, there IS NO WAY I’d be able to manage without it.

Plus, All other sensitive data is kept in 1P. Credit Card info is also instantly dropped in!

And, for those who wonder about the security of your data: AgileBits, the developer of 1P, gives a stern warning, along with instructions for making a “secure key”, that they have NO WAY to recover your data should you forget your master password.

52344358_10162230647585377_4763283846986727424_n.jpg

Latest resources

Back