Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

General RV to acquire Independence RV (Orlando, FL)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Here is the "companion post" to this news.

FLSteve :unsure:

I've never done business with General RV. But, empirically from what I've read, they appear to be in the same class of mega dealerships as Camping Word, Lazy Days, etc. Many better choices in my view.

I had always heard that Independence had a pretty good service department, let's see what happens now.

We bought our DS from General RV, so far no complaints, they have taken care of a few warranty issues and add ons

Wow, not that we are ready to upgrade from our 2018 Bay Star, but our experience with David Scott and Independence RV was fantastic and I can’t see the same out of General RV. Just said to the wife yesterday that we should schedule service to justify a trip to Florida instead of Indiana. Another good one falls.

Just looked at the Independence website and it appears the new and used pricing is now in a realistic range. Just a few months ago they would list the for sale price of a 3 year old used rig at 15% below the original msrp. After my first purchase there, I tried three different times to buy another, one was a used 2 yo MA, they would not take even 10% off the orig msrp but wanted to give me, because they could not sell it for more, about 50% off MSRP. Meanwhile they had a less optioned, year older same model for sale listed for 100k more then "they could get" for my coach the same day.
I couldn't care less about anyone on the sales team. While my one experience with the service team ended up with a gash on my rv, I chalked that up to them putting an amateur on my coach because the issues were minor. I would go back, and inspect my coach in and OUT, because the real mechanics and technicians there have a great reputation.

Latest resources

Back